Crispi or Kenetrek??

donmateo

FNG
Neither one are better than the other. I like Crispi and have the Nevada and the Colorado. On the other hand I know guys that have more backcountry experience than me that love the Kennetrek. It is like Nosler vs Barnes, Mathews vs Bowtech, Ford vs Chevy, and the list goes on.... Find the one that fits your foot and get in the woods and go hunting.
Of the Nevada and Colorado, which do you prefer for a mid November Montana hunt?

Calcoyote

FNG
Of the Nevada and Colorado, which do you prefer for a mid November Montana hunt?
For November in Montana, (and yes I have hunted in November in Montana) I would say the Nevada over the Colorado. Here are the details:

I have owned both the Colorado and Nevada. The Nevada is all leather whereas the Colorado has Cordua. They both have Gortex but the leather is better for water resistance. The Cordura fabric is more breathable and better for a warmer and dryer climate (November in Montana is not warmer and dryer). The Nevada I purchased has 200g of Thinsulate insulation which gives more warmth in Nov temps. The Colorado is a great Summer and early Fall boot where temps are warmer (and there is no need for insulation) and your feet sweat more and you need a boot that is more breathable (because of the Cordura fabric is more breathable).

The Colorado is a GREAT boot but I would not choose it for November in Montana.

Another factor to consider: The Colorado is a more narrow design than the Nevada. If you have a narrow foot then the Colorado is for you. I have a more average foot width and I like a little bit of wiggle room in the toe box. I gave my Colorados to my son (who lives in Northern Idaho) and he loves them, but does not use them in cold temps. Also, the Colorado is a "stiffer" boot than the Nevada. I prefer the less stiffness of the Nevada but that is a matter of personal preference. I replaced the Colorado with the Summit for my summer and early fall hiking. The Summit is slightly wider (like the Nevada) and has Cordura (like the Colorado). I use the Summit during the Summer and early Fall and then switch to the Nevada in October/November. That works great for me but your milage may vary.

All depends on your foot shape, arch etc. A good shop should be able to fit you and make recommendations. I run Kennetrek pack boots for late season but you can't get me out of my Crispi guide's for more steep hiking. The fit out of the box is incredible and they're known for that

skip189

FNG
I like my kennetrek hardscrabbles and van hike all day in them with no blisters but they are so heavy. They are super supportive and I like that. Just got some Crispi summits and man are they comfy but almost to roomy for me. Haven't put any hill miles on them yet but will see this September. Had Salomons and Salewas before but the crispis are way way better.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
I
I just did a boot review with a bunch of these boots named, may be of some help

I had the same issue with my Crispi guide GTX boots. One was allowing dew to seep through. This was 2021. They were having problems with membrane failure and replaced my boots. I have not had an issue with the new boots and I have over 500 miles in them. You might reach out to Crispi customer service and see if they will replace yours, or perhaps give you a sizable discount on a new pair.