Crispi or Kenetrek??

Crispi Colorado’s are my go to archery elk boot. Once late season hits I move into a leather such as the guides. Both make great boots!

vegas hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn’t wait to try Kenetreks. Rubbed the crap out of my heels. My buddy had the same issue. I’ve had Crispi Hunters for years and put many miles on them. Great boots. I currently run a couple different pairs of Lowas. Ticams and Innox. I’ve actually found arch support and insoles are what make any boot work it’s best.

I really struggled with my Kentreks because the soles are so narrow and tall. It felt like I was expending extra energy, both physically and mentally, trying to balance on rough terrain. I really wanted them to work. Switched to Crispi and love them!

Hi, so I just wanted to see what you guys thought about these two pair of boots. I know we hunters are gear junkies and I am no exception! I drive my better half nuts! So if any of you guys have tips on how to smooth that transition, I would be forever grateful. I guess for know having the gear sent to my work will have to do.

So far I have really come to love Kenetrek and Crispi boots. On the Kenetrek front, I have the Mountain Extreme 400 and I love them. I do have two issues with them, but they are only a cosmetic issue and not a funtioning issue. The two issues are one they are a little bulky and feel clunky at times. But other than that, they performed awesome on my Elk hunt in Idaho last year and in Montana the year before that! From crossing small creeks to heavy morning dew, my feet stayed warm and dry, and were very comfortable during the long days and hiking around the mountain! Yes my feet did get a little warm, but not that bad. and I did have 400 grams of insulation. I remember getting these boots and breaking them in. It felt like my foot was in a ski boot for a while, and then one day I was like Yes! these boots are finally broken in! no more walking around like my foot feels like im walking around in a ski boot! I do oil the Kenetrek's on a regular basis when I am wearing them, and before every hunt. The tread has some wear, but for the amount of use these boots get I am surprised they are still going strong! The leather on the upper is just like new and even the leather on the lower portion of the boots are still going strong but do show some wear, but still in great shape. The rubber rand on the boot is wear you see most of the wear, but to me thats the rand doing the job of what it was intended to do and I was in some narly blow downs in Montana and the rand definitely did its job!

On the Crispi Front I have two pair. I have the Crispi Guides in a wide and the Briksdahl. I can tell you, I abdolutey love the Crispi Guides, and I like them more than the Briksdahl, and only because the Briksdahl is more narrow and is a little tight on my feet, but its managable. I wonder if I order the Briksdahl in a half size bigger that will help in the width department. The only negative about Crispi boots and this goes for both the guides and the Briksdahls is that the soles are hard as a rock to me. again cosmetic and can easily be fixed. Which I have replaced the insoles with Sheepfeet and I am very happy! But even on my elk hunt in Idaho with the Crispi's they perfomed flawlessly crossing the same creek and dew from walking the edges of the meadow. I havent had the Crispi Guides nearly as long as the Kenetreks but I use the Briksdahls for everyting and the sole is still like new and has great traction even in wet conditions. I oil the Crispi Boots regularly also and I use the crispi boot cream with them, and I have had no issues. the leather on both my crispi boots still look brand new. Right out of the box the Crispi boots were very comfortable with no ski boot feel and had more of a tennis shoe feel, and they dont feel bulky or clunky. Overall I think the Crispi Guides will be my go to with the Kenetreks as a back up set in my truck when I go hunting.

What are your all's thoughts and Opinions on these boots. I have tried Salewa's and they are just to narrow for my feet. I thought about trying Hanwags out also. I would love to hear your feedback.. Have a great day everyone.
Constant battle in our house hold.

PowPowHawg

Lil-Rokslider
Iam sold on Crispi.. after having gone through a couple different pairs of Kenetreks and more blisters than Id care to remember I was lucky enough to come across the Crispi Neveda insulate.... to this day I haven’t had one blister in my Crispi’s..1Manshow
I am right with you! Im a 13 fairly wide and bought my first Crispi Nevada‘s in July. Do not know what took me so dam long to get into them..

I don't really have wide feet, but I had to go wife's for the Crispi Valdres. So far, they've been a game changer for steep mountain terrain.

dmossu

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone worn the Scheels exclusive Crispi West River 2.0's?

I am trying to decide between these or spending the extra money on the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes / Crispi Guide GTX's.

This is my first good quality hunting boot and literally no one in NW PA has them in stock to see what fits my foot.

jherald

WKR
It's all subjective. The boot that fits your foot the best is going to be the better boot regardless of brand.

Pdzoller

WKR
I own a pair of Kennetrek desert guides and a pair of Crispy guides. Out of the box the Crispi’s are the most comfortable boots I’ve tried on. (I’m an arborist so I go through more boots than my wife goes through shoes) They got cold during my elk hunt once it got around 25 degrees.

The Kennetrek’s had a noticeable break in period but have become the absolute best warm weather/steep country boot I own. They definitely feel more durable than the Crispi’s, only time will tell.

When I do need to get a new pair of boots I will probably go with Kennetrek.

I have had a pair of kenetreks for 4 years and they are holding up great with a few hints each season. I just got a pair of crispis this year and thought they are comfortable and lighter, the stitching is coming out within the first few days. Not real impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run crispi and my son runs kenetreks. We always have a battle. I believe both are well made just depends on the individuals foot and fit. I was initially concerned when I purchased my crispi because the toe box was a little wider than the kenetreks that I tried on. But after extensive hiking I found that my foot swelled a little and the wide toe box worked really well for me especially in late season high country hunts. My son is now going to try a pair of crispis to see what he thinks.

I have Crispi Guide's 200g and Kenetrek Mtn Extremes 400g. For my feet the Kenetrek have been outstanding. I love their insole and the overall feel of them. I really like my Guides but I had to replace the insole with something that has more support and overall they aren't as durable as my Kenetreks. My next boot will more than likely be MTN Extreme NI's.

jmyers

FNG
I have Meindl and have gotten along very well with them 4 pairs so far. These are the German made ones that you get from Meindl USA not the cheap chinese ones that Cabelas now has since Bass Pro merged with them

I got the wild rock and summit. Wild rock my favorite boot so far. Also have the valdres and they are just alittle too tight on sides for me. Really wanted them to work out, seems to be awesome boot.

c670809

FNG
I have foot issues so I'm always looking for the 'right' boot. I don't just wear them for hunting, I wear them all day, every day. The Kenetrek boots are the most comfortable boots for my feet that I've ever worn. However, they do not last. Within three months I wore the sole (propriatary to Kenetrek) out. I don't want to afford $125/month on boots.

The Crispi's are comfortable but not as comfortable for my feet. However, the soles are Vibram and so far have lasted a year of daily wear. There is some wear visible and I will be replacing them in the next 3 months.

Please keep in mind that your mileage may vary. I am 250 lbs and have a tendency to wear out the back outside corner.

I have foot issues so I'm always looking for the 'right' boot. I don't just wear them for hunting, I wear them all day, every day. The Kenetrek boots are the most comfortable boots for my feet that I've ever worn. However, they do not last. Within three months I wore the sole (propriatary to Kenetrek) out. I don't want to afford $125/month on boots.

The Crispi's are comfortable but not as comfortable for my feet. However, the soles are Vibram and so far have lasted a year of daily wear. There is some wear visible and I will be replacing them in the next 3 months.

Please keep in mind that your mileage may vary. I am 250 lbs and have a tendency to wear out the back outside corner.
Did you try changing your insoles?

That's a good idea. I have on other boots but not these.
I use one called insole. You pick what model best suits you then when you get them you heat them in the oven and take them out and put them instantly in your boots and put the but on and they conform to your foot.