Crispi & schnees

Didn't see the footwear forum until posted elsewhere and can't delete but I've Narrowed boot choices down to these two crispi nevada and schnees beartooth. Anyone have any negatives on either or why they went one way or the other? Obviously fit will likely determine possibly what i go with but all things equal ive not really heard any bad with either.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If I can answer any questions, let me know! We sell crispi and a buch of other brands, in addition to our own boots.

- Matt

ndayton

WKR
Didn't see the footwear forum until posted elsewhere and can't delete but I've Narrowed boot choices down to these two crispi nevada and schnees beartooth. Anyone have any negatives on either or why they went one way or the other? Obviously fit will likely determine possibly what i go with but all things equal ive not really heard any bad with either.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I hate the lacing system on my Crispi Nevada's so much so that I am considering the Schnees Timberlines as my next boot, however after saying that the Crispis have been comfortable with no boot failures. I have used them from September elk in eastern Oregon to late November mule deer in Colorado with out much trouble but again for me I hate Crispi's lacing system.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I hate the lacing system on my Crispi Nevada's so much so that I am considering the Schnees Timberlines as my next boot, however after saying that the Crispis have been comfortable with no boot failures. I have used them from September elk in eastern Oregon to late November mule deer in Colorado with out much trouble but again for me I hate Crispi's lacing system.

Out of curiosity, what about the lacing system do you not like?

ndayton

WKR
Out of curiosity, what about the lacing system do you not like?
The lace lock at the ankle mainly, it seems I am always having the lace slip when I tie my boots or sometimes I think its "locked" go to tie the top laces and it slips out because it wasn't secured in.
It could be me but I had a pair of Meindls before Crispi and always felt the lace was locked in solid on those boots.

Crispi Lace lock.PNG

WCB

WKR
The lace lock at the ankle mainly, it seems I am always having the lace slip when I tie my boots or sometimes I think its "locked" go to tie the top laces and it slips out because it wasn't secured in.
It could be me but I had a pair of Meindls before Crispi and always felt the lace was locked in solid on those boots.

View attachment 254911
I had the same "issue" when I first bought my Wyomings....got used to it and just make sure I feel is snap or lock in before I continue lacing up. Not sure if it is just set back farther or is a little smaller.

I have had zero issues with it actually coming out when actually hunting even if my boot comes untied. Also zero complaints on either pair of my Wyomings. It would never cross my mind to switch boots for something like that.

ndayton

WKR
I had the same "issue" when I first bought my Wyomings....got used to it and just make sure I feel is snap or lock in before I continue lacing up. Not sure if it is just set back farther or is a little smaller.

I have had zero issues with it actually coming out when actually hunting even if my boot comes untied. Also zero complaints on either pair of my Wyomings. It would never cross my mind to switch boots for something like that.
Ive had my Crispis for 3 hunting seasons and the soles are worn out, so I can have my boots re soled for $100 or I can try a different brand. The OP asked for experience with the boots and I gave mine, so maybe "hate" was poor phrasing as people tend to get upset if you say something negative about a product they like.
Crispi has been a great boot I just personally dont want to fuss with their style lacing system and since I need new boots Schnees will likey be my next.

Honyock

WKR
I really like the Crispi Nevadas. They fit my feet the best and are the most comfortable hunting boot I've worn. After three seasons I have zero complaints about the Nevadas.

Posting this in case someone currently or down the line is considering these boots

Crispi guide 9.5 fit me well

Ordered sz 9 Schnees Beartooth after sending pics of both feet in Brannocks measuring device.
-Too narrow in the forefoot
-Too small lengthwise

Sized up to 9.5 Beartooth
Still too narrow, just a tad more length which may suffice but not as roomy as the Crispi

I dont know if they would loosen up a bit after wearing them, but my foot is also not swollen from activity either, may need a 9.5EE or a 10M. I feel like if I had the correct size they would be perfect for my feet, but at the risk of a different size not fitting again I am going to stick to the Crispi Guide for now.

Last edited:

EdP

WKR
I have been using a pair of Crispi Wild Rock Hunter GTX insulated boots this fall and have been very happy with them. True to size compared to my Asolo hiking boots and very little break-in needed. Good support even for side hilling. I have no experience with Schnees.

One customer service aspect with Crispi that I appreciated is that they included a return shipping label with the boots. I had to pay $12.99 to have them shipped to me, but return shipping, if needed, was free. Immediately prior to the Crispi boots I had tried a pair of Zamberlans but they didn't fit. The Zs shipped to me free but return shipping cost $34 (an almost identical distance). Crispi extended their (negociated) shipping rate to the customer.

Warmsy

WKR
I've used the schnee's Beartooth for 2 years and I love them. I use them when I know my feet would otherwise get wet. Awesome traction and stability. Great customer service. The "roller bearing" hardware is a gimmick, but does not detract from the functionality of the boot. I had to size up one size for proper fit.

Have the Crispi Briksdal and they're great fitting boots. Elk/Mule Deer to Whitetail here in Wisconsin. Camofire has Crispi's on sale currently

I've used the schnee's Beartooth for 2 years and I love them. I use them when I know my feet would otherwise get wet. Awesome traction and stability. Great customer service. The "roller bearing" hardware is a gimmick, but does not detract from the functionality of the boot. I had to size up one size for proper fit.
1 full size?

BFazz

FNG
Have a pair of Beartooths that are on their 4th season and still going strong. Added SheepFeet insoles this season and the combo is hitting the sweet spot. Good balance of flex for walking miles on trails/logging roads but stiff enough for the steep stuff with a loaded pack. Great ankle support. Cross streams in them almost every time out and have not had any leaks, been conditioning with Montana Pitch Blend.

For an all-around boot in mixed terrain, I’ve been very happy with the Beartooth.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Three seasons on my Beartooths, highly recommend them. My wife same. Mine have no insulation, hers 200 grams. We love our Beartooths.
Her feet get warm on mild days so her backup boot is Timberline, no insulation. Mine is another pair of Beartooths, half size up for thick sock days. We both use Kennetrek gaiters.
I typically run warm and then when it really drops in temp with snow we both go to Hunter IIs depending on terrain.
Schnees has great customer service.

ToolMann

WKR

View attachment 254911
I have the Crispi Valdres. First pair the lace lock worked great. Had to exchange for a different size. The new ones, something just isn't right with the lace locks. Once tied they are fine, but a few choice words slip out every time I'm tying them with the laces falling out of the locks. Otherwise, 2 long seasons from September through November and my feet love them. May try Schnees next time. Ordered a pair when figuring out boot and my heel slipped all over. In hindsight I think I just needed a smaller size. Customer Service was great with both companies.