Crispi & schnees

ndayton

WKR
I have the Crispi Valdres. First pair the lace lock worked great. Had to exchange for a different size. The new ones, something just isn't right with the lace locks. Once tied they are fine, but a few choice words slip out every time I'm tying them with the laces falling out of the locks. Otherwise, 2 long seasons from September through November and my feet love them. May try Schnees next time. Ordered a pair when figuring out boot and my heel slipped all over. In hindsight I think I just needed a smaller size. Customer Service was great with both companies.
I did switch to the Schnee's Timberline for the 2021 season and they have been fine. I wouldn't say they are the boot of my dreams but I never had any lacing issues and my feet never really got any hot spots. I will run them for another couple seasons and probably try some other manufactures.

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have size comparison between the Nevada and the beartooth? I had the Nevada’s in 12 regular, they were slightly narrow. I’ve heard the schnees run narrow. I was planning on a wide if I went that route

Anyone have size comparison between the Nevada and the beartooth? I had the Nevada’s in 12 regular, they were slightly narrow. I’ve heard the schnees run narrow. I was planning on a wide if I went that route
Nevadas and Guides are the same boot just diff height from my understanding. See my previous post on size comparison

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
where are Schnees boots made?

Someone answered already, but in our Italian factory, by hand.

As for sizing, our boots run true to size compared to a brannok device. It's the metal foot sizing device in shoe stores and footwear departments. All of our lasts which we build the boots off of, are sized against it. Having said that, I personally like to go up a 1/2 size from my measured foot size. I've found it works best for me.

- matt

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Order your normal, measured, shoe size. If you want to wear thicker socks, order up a half size. Should be good to go!

- Matt

ccarter

FNG
Recently bought a pair of non-insulated Crispi Nevada's. I can see what the earlier poster was saying about having to make sure you get the lace locked at the ankle, but it seems that if I do that initially, they stay tight all day.
I like the fit and materials. Changed the footbeds to the Meindl cork comfort footbeds for a little more cushion. I'm liking how they're working so far. First time in the mountains with them will be Jan 1. I'll let you all know how they do in steeper, rocky terrain.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Posting this in case someone currently or down the line is considering these boots

Crispi guide 9.5 fit me well

Ordered sz 9 Schnees Beartooth after sending pics of both feet in Brannocks measuring device.
-Too narrow in the forefoot
-Too small lengthwise

Sized up to 9.5 Beartooth
Still too narrow, just a tad more length which may suffice but not as roomy as the Crispi

I dont know if they would loosen up a bit after wearing them, but my foot is also not swollen from activity either, may need a 9.5EE or a 10M. I feel like if I had the correct size they would be perfect for my feet, but at the risk of a different size not fitting again I am going to stick to the Crispi Guide for now.
I’m curious why you continue to try and find a boot other than the Crispi Guide?

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Beartooth 200 ,the only thing I will probably do different is get a pair of ogs . Call schnees they are great help .

wildcat33

WKR
Expect about three seasons of waterproofing from the schnees. If you can live with that they are good boots.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Tried crisp guide they were comfortable and thought I’d like them, ordered the beartooths and realized how uncomfortable the guides and every other boot I have worn was! I have boney heels and a pinky toe that causes a lot of issues in boots and shoes, these fit me the best. I sized up 1/2

Agross

WKR
I’ll agree with what’s been said already, to size up with the schnees. I’ve read in other threads where people say they fit true to size. Definitely not the case for me with the beartooths I picked up. I don’t know if sizing up a half size would be enough for me, But I also like a little room . They seem like great boots, but unfortunately arent doing me any good right now. Soooo if any body is looking for a nice pair of beartooths 200 grams in a 10.5 wide , let me know, I’ll probably be listing them soon.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll agree with what’s been said already, to size up with the schnees. I’ve read in other threads where people say they fit true to size. Definitely not the case for me with the beartooths I picked up. I don’t know if sizing up a half size would be enough for me, But I also like a little room . They seem like great boots, but unfortunately arent doing me any good right now. Soooo if any body is looking for a nice pair of beartooths 200 grams in a 10.5 wide , let me know, I’ll probably be listing them soon.
Yeah, in hindsight I should have upsized too with my Schnee Granite II's. But I've never had to before ever on a hunting boot. I'm not sure I'm keeping these either, but I don't want to sell them until I actually find a replacement first. I will look into the Crispi Guide. I have heard many very positive reviews on them, more than my Schnee Granite's.

colby12

WKR
Another for the size up, at least with the beartooths.Schnees has great service, last spring I ordered my proper size (11.5) and a half size larger. Around the the house the larger size seemed much too big. Sent those back and went with the true to size fit. Couple issues with size but got new insoles from Schnees and that alleviated most of it. I put about 100 or so miles on them last year with minor discomfort here and there. Boots were great and overall pretty comfortable even with being a little tight. Considering ordering the larger size (12) in a couple weeks to try them on again. Felt like some rambling so apologies but overall the beartooths would have my vote.

Blandry

WKR
I wish Crispi would upgrade their lacing hardware. Schnee's roller hardware w/ the ankle locks are really nice for snugging the forefoot and locking it down. Schnee's hardware is the best I've had on a boot and that includes la sportiva, lowa, asolo.. all the other top mountaineering/hiking brands. Haven't owned kenetrek not sure how they compare.

Does it really matter? Maybe not, I can stiill get my Crispi's nice and tight but just a really nice feature and seems to be top quality.

I’m curious why you continue to try and find a boot other than the Crispi Guide?
You dont know what you dont know. If I dont try other boots how would I know if one of them is the “perfect fit” for me?

I believe if I had ordered 10 or 10.5 Schnees I would have ended up returning the Crispi, just didnt want to deal with the hassle of exchanging/returning. If they run another sale I may try again, have yet to wear the Crispi outside of the house

Blandry

WKR
You're going to be happy with any of Schnee's mountain boots.. they're VERY high quality and if you have any issues (like I did but just a fit/water issue) they will bend over backwards to make it right.

They will happily take that boot back and send you a replacement that works. Can't beat their service. They don't actually make their mountain boots but source from a high quality italian manufacturer (like Crispi) and will do whatever it takes to satisfy you.

I will say this.. they are a step above Crispi in quality. They are both high quality Italian made mountain boots.

I own some granite pros and they are super high quality boots. Stiffer than my Crispi briksdal SF's and full grain yukon leather. With their quarterly return to Italy for service deal they might outlive me.

Last edited: