Crispi & schnees

WyoKid

WKR
Posting this in case someone currently or down the line is considering these boots

Crispi guide 9.5 fit me well

Ordered sz 9 Schnees Beartooth after sending pics of both feet in Brannocks measuring device.
-Too narrow in the forefoot
-Too small lengthwise

Sized up to 9.5 Beartooth
Still too narrow, just a tad more length which may suffice but not as roomy as the Crispi

I dont know if they would loosen up a bit after wearing them, but my foot is also not swollen from activity either, may need a 9.5EE or a 10M. I feel like if I had the correct size they would be perfect for my feet, but at the risk of a different size not fitting again I am going to stick to the Crispi Guide for now.

I went with Crispi as they accommodated my wide feet at the forefoot much better than any other boot I have tried...been using 200 gram insulated Nevada's for 5 seasons without issues. I wish they would offer mixed sizing since my right foot is 1/2 size larger than my left.....but I imagine cost would be an issue...

I am also deciding between the Crispi Nevadas and the Schnees Beartooth II. I just received my Nevadas in a size 12 regular width and they seem to fit decently well. For reference I wear 11.5 in all other shoes I own, like running shoes. However my previous hiking boot was the Salomon Quest 4D in a 11.5 and my longest toes would hit the ends of the boot on steep declines. So ordered the Nevadas in a 12. There is a tiny little bit of heel slip if not careful with my lacing being properly snugged down, but when laced nice and tight there’s no heel slip on inclines. I don’t care much for the lacing system on the Nevadas, but other than that they’re nice and comfortable.
My question now is which size Beartooth to order for comparison. I’ve read on here that most folks tend to lean towards the Beartooths fitting slightly smaller, particularly in width of toe box when compared to the Nevadas. So I was going to order a 12EE but they’re out of stock. They do have a 12 regular or an 11.5EE. For those that have had both, which do you suggest I order knowing a 12 regular in Nevada fits me fine?

Last edited:

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am also deciding between the Crispi Nevadas and the Schnees Beartooth II. I just received my Nevadas in a size 12 regular width and they seem to fit decently well. For reference I wear 11.5 in all other shoes I own, like running shoes. However my previous hiking boot was the Salomon Quest 4D in a 11.5 and my longest toes would hit the ends of the boot on steep inclines. So ordered the Nevadas in a 12. There is a tiny little bit of heel slip if not careful with my lacing being properly snugged down, but when laced nice and tight there’s no heel slip on inclines. I don’t care much for the lacing system on the Nevadas, but other than that they’re nice and comfortable.
My question now is which size Beartooth to order for comparison. I’ve read on here that most folks tend to lean towards the Beartooths fitting slightly smaller, particularly in width of toe box when compared to the Nevadas. So I was going to order a 12EE but they’re out of stock. They do have a 12 regular or an 11.5EE. For those that have had both, which do you suggest I order knowing a 12 regular in Nevada fits me fine?

Our boots fit very true to size and we mean that in the most literal sense. All of the lasts we build our boots on are sized against a brannock device, which is the metal foot sizing device in shoe stores, footwear departments, etc.. From a quality control standpoint, many companies out there don't strictly adhere to the brannock for sizing, which muddies the water a bit on size comparison between different brands. In my experience, our boots fit very true to size in practice. I just always size up a half size in everything I wear as I like more room.

As for the 12 wides, we should have some more in this week or by mid-Feb.

thanks
matt

I am also deciding between the Crispi Nevadas and the Schnees Beartooth II. I just received my Nevadas in a size 12 regular width and they seem to fit decently well. For reference I wear 11.5 in all other shoes I own, like running shoes. However my previous hiking boot was the Salomon Quest 4D in a 11.5 and my longest toes would hit the ends of the boot on steep inclines. So ordered the Nevadas in a 12. There is a tiny little bit of heel slip if not careful with my lacing being properly snugged down, but when laced nice and tight there’s no heel slip on inclines. I don’t care much for the lacing system on the Nevadas, but other than that they’re nice and comfortable.
I would probably size up a full size

huck

Lil-Rokslider
I have the schnees beartooth 200 ,and I doubt Ill ever change , the only thing thing Im going to do is get a pair of beartooth ogs .

I have the schnees beartooth 200 ,and I doubt Ill ever change , the only thing thing Im going to do is get a pair of beartooth ogs .
Im hoping they run another sale soon before I wear these Crispi’s so I can get the right size, third times a charm

Yooper

WKR
I have no quality complaints about my Beartooth boots, but they've been a PITA to break in for me personally. I keep getting a pinch in the top of my toes on my right foot. It's like the crease where it flexes is different on that boot. IDK....if I were to do it all over again I'd probably go Crispi just for how they fit my foot.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have no quality complaints about my Beartooth boots, but they've been a PITA to break in for me personally. I keep getting a pinch in the top of my toes on my right foot. It's like the crease where it flexes is different on that boot. IDK....if I were to do it all over again I'd probably go Crispi just for how they fit my foot.

I get the same exact thing, in the same spot, on the same foot, with pretty much every boot i wear. 80% of the time its just a break in issue. I put some leather cream around that spot to soften up the leather quicker and get them broken in sooner. 15% of the time is a size issue. Too big or small and it pushes the flex point into a bad spot, but this again usually goes away with break in. The rest of the time, it's just your foot disagreeing with the boot and it probably just isn't a good fit.

- matt

Yooper

WKR
I get the same exact thing, in the same spot, on the same foot, with pretty much every boot i wear. 80% of the time its just a break in issue. I put some leather cream around that spot to soften up the leather quicker and get them broken in sooner. 15% of the time is a size issue. Too big or small and it pushes the flex point into a bad spot, but this again usually goes away with break in. The rest of the time, it's just your foot disagreeing with the boot and it probably just isn't a good fit.

- matt
I've done just that. Conditioned them twice now and it seems to be getting better. I was reluctant to do so until I called and talked to someone at the store who suggested the same thing.

Posting this in case someone currently or down the line is considering these boots

Crispi guide 9.5 fit me well

Ordered sz 9 Schnees Beartooth after sending pics of both feet in Brannocks measuring device.
-Too narrow in the forefoot
-Too small lengthwise

Sized up to 9.5 Beartooth
Still too narrow, just a tad more length which may suffice but not as roomy as the Crispi

I dont know if they would loosen up a bit after wearing them, but my foot is also not swollen from activity either, may need a 9.5EE or a 10M. I feel like if I had the correct size they would be perfect for my feet, but at the risk of a different size not fitting again I am going to stick to the Crispi Guide for now.

Updating this,

Grabbed both 9.5EE and 10M on this last sale

10M is it, for those in the same boat, I’d go .5 up from your Crispi Guide size, Might order up some Sheep-Feet to go along with them

fjmcguigan

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been wearing the Nevada’s and the Wild rock plus for a few seasons now, no issues.

RGARNER

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Crispi Colorados and like them, I did replace the factory insoles with Superfeet tail insoles. I didn't really feel like there was much of a break in period with this model, pretty comfortable right out of the box.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of beartooth 200g that I have been liking. I put a set of sheep feet insoles in them and have been happy with that idea as well. My only complaint is the sheep feet insole is pretty wide compared to the factory and is a mother to get in and out. I am still running a lowa tibet for my uninsulated boot.

EVERY BOOT EVER MADE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME LACING SYSTEM AS A LOWA TIBET!

I have a high volume foot and being able to set the lower lace tension independent of the rest of the boot keeps the circulation from being cut off due to lace pinch on the top of my foot. If Schnee's would move their lace lock one spot lower on the boot they would be the same. I am still able to make it work, just not quite as perfect as the lowa's.

I have tried several different pairs of Crispi's and liked the fit of them all, but the lacing system sucks so bad I can't make them work for me. I also feel like the Crispi models I have tried have a very narrow sole profile, particularly the heel. They all seem a little "tippy" feeling to me. The tibet is much much more stable feeling.

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
Ran Schnee’s granites for the past 7 years. I condition mine regularly. Have put a load of miles on them boots. On my 3rd pair currently

Did you eventually get your beartooths to break in? i seem to have the same issue on my right foot only. Seems like the boot is very narrow as well.

Yooper

WKR
Did you eventually get your beartooths to break in? i seem to have the same issue on my right foot only. Seems like the boot is very narrow as well.
No, unfortunately I have not. In fact in some ways it seems worse. I will say, however, that they've always been very responsive to my questions and concerns. I used the online chat function with them last week and spoke to someone about my problems. He said he was going to send me a size 10.5 (up from a 10) to see if there was any noticeable difference in fit. That was last Thursday, though, and I've yet to see anything show up so I don't know if the ball was dropped or they're just slow to arrive. I really want this boot to work out because they seem so well made, but if it's not for my foot I'll need to move on.