Crispi & schnees

got
No, unfortunately I have not. In fact in some ways it seems worse. I will say, however, that they've always been very responsive to my questions and concerns. I used the online chat function with them last week and spoke to someone about my problems. He said he was going to send me a size 10.5 (up from a 10) to see if there was any noticeable difference in fit. That was last Thursday, though, and I've yet to see anything show up so I don't know if the ball was dropped or they're just slow to arrive. I really want this boot to work out because they seem so well made, but if it's not for my foot I'll need to move on.
gotcha. Did you wear yours outside? i have put about 50 miles on mine

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
No, unfortunately I have not. In fact in some ways it seems worse. I will say, however, that they've always been very responsive to my questions and concerns. I used the online chat function with them last week and spoke to someone about my problems. He said he was going to send me a size 10.5 (up from a 10) to see if there was any noticeable difference in fit. That was last Thursday, though, and I've yet to see anything show up so I don't know if the ball was dropped or they're just slow to arrive. I really want this boot to work out because they seem so well made, but if it's not for my foot I'll need to move on.
They seem to have great customer service. How long have your owned them?

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Over a year now, but haven't put many miles on them due to discomfort with my foot.
Interesting.

A year ago I bought a pair in size 10, and I wear everything else in a 10 also. They look to be an awesome boot of super-high quality. But, these are the "smallest" size 10 boots I've ever tried on. I made the mistake of wearing them "once", hoping they might stretch a bit, but they didn't. They're still in like new condition, but they're just too dang small. In hindsight I should have exchanged them for a 10-1/2. But now I have $500 pair of basically brand new boots that I won't/can't wear. Not happy.

If your boots are anything like mine, then they're smaller than normal which could be contributing to your issue.

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the Crispi West Rivers and a pair of the Beartooth's. My West Rivers are a size 8 1/2 and the Beartooths are 9's. They fit exactly the same surprisingly. So far main reason I'm wearing one over the other is weather and how cold it is. It does feel like the Crispi's are wider in the toe box than the Beartooth's though.

NABG Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the Crispi West Rivers and a pair of the Beartooth's. My West Rivers are a size 8 1/2 and the Beartooths are 9's. They fit exactly the same surprisingly. So far main reason I'm wearing one over the other is weather and how cold it is. It does feel like the Crispi's are wider in the toe box than the Beartooth's though.
I believe it. I feel my Schnee Granite's are closer to a 9-1/2 than they are a 10 (their labeled size).

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I had read on a couple of the reviews to get a half size large than normal with the Beartooth's. Glad I did. Actually I think I had also read that from a Schnee's employee.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I had read on a couple of the reviews to get a half size large than normal with the Beartooth's. Glad I did. Actually I think I had also read that from a Schnee's employee.

correct. All of our boots are actually strictly sized against a brannock device(the meat foot measuring device in shoe stores and stuff). We see a lot of variation out there, other makes/models not being 100% true to size. I find most often that measuring and going up a half size usually results in the most comfortable fit. Not to loose, or too tight. - matt

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Also, for anyone shopping our boots, many are currently 25% off for our memorial day sale. Our biggest sale/discount ever! ends 5/31/22

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
correct. All of our boots are actually strictly sized against a brannock device(the meat foot measuring device in shoe stores and stuff). We see a lot of variation out there, other makes/models not being 100% true to size. I find most often that measuring and going up a half size usually results in the most comfortable fit. Not to loose, or too tight. - matt
I'm glad I went up a half size. Gives me room to play with socks also depending upon temps. I can wear regular thin socks and not flop around in the boot and if temps dip I can wear heavier socks and not be cramped up either. Love the boots!

Birddog1

FNG
Matt, how does the Kestrel fit in terms of width? I don’t normally wear a wide but curious how much difference because with some boots I get a pressure on the outside of my right foot due to arthritis. I’m wondering if a wide would help with that but I don’t want it to be sloppy.

I picked up some kestrels a few months ago and I love them. The toe box is pretty generous. I also have a pair of salewa rapace, They have a small toe box. I would compare the kestrels to the crispi valres in fit although I think the kestrels are a better overall boot.

prm

WKR
Also, for anyone shopping our boots, many are currently 25% off for our memorial day sale. Our biggest sale/discount ever! ends 5/31/22

Really wish you would include the Hunter II 10” on your sale! They never seem to be included.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Really wish you would include the Hunter II 10” on your sale! They never seem to be included.

It's doubtful out pac boots will be included in a sale any time soon. We build them here in Bozeman, but they are limited production and are almost always sold out. The best we could do now is the rokslide promo code on them.

Reactions: prm

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Matt, how does the Kestrel fit in terms of width? I don’t normally wear a wide but curious how much difference because with some boots I get a pressure on the outside of my right foot due to arthritis. I’m wondering if a wide would help with that but I don’t want it to be sloppy.

Personally, i'd probably order the wide with the issues you're having. But we do free shipping and returns, so you could order both and just send the ones you don't want back to us for a refund. We do that a lot.

matt

Katoom27

FNG
Went with the Crispi Wild Rock GTX. 11.5 EE
The wides were the right choice for me. Unfortunately I bought some 11.5 regulars and after walking a few miles in them I realized they were a little too narrow. So I have basically a brand new pair of someone wants them hit me up. Expensive mistake on my part.

Ehiggins

WKR
If I can answer any questions, let me know! We sell crispi and a buch of other brands, in addition to our own boots.

- Matt

Matt,

Between the timberline and the beartooth which is closer stiffness wise to the crispi Nevada?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M_talking10

Lil-Rokslider
I have both pairs of boots, non-insulated. Besides the boot height difference, the stiffness of the Nevada is far firmer compared to the beartooths. For someone like me that needs a stiffer flex, the Nevada is the winner.

I would agree with some of the above posts, i experienced laces loosening in the Nevadas and not in the Beartooths.

Both well made boots. I would say it comes down to what amount of flex you are looking for and if you like a taller or shorter boot.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeffmacdonald77