Crispi sizing?

ckleeves

WKR
About to order some Crispi Wyoming’s to try out and curious about sizing. I see quite a few people selling in the classifieds to buy a 1/2 size bigger. Do they run small? If anybody has a direct comparison to Lowa or Hanwag sizing it would be great. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
Following, about to dump my 4D’s and try Summits or Colorados.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I think most boot manufacturers recommend buying a half size bigger. I think a lot of people get the size they normally wear in tennis shoes and regret it after carrying weight in a pack going down hill.

I tried Lowa Renegade 13 wides, which were a smidge too short and way too narrow. I wore those for 2 years thinking they would eventually feel decent, but the sole separated from the top before that ever happened. My wife misinterpreted my Christmas list and ordered Crispi Wyoming's in 12.5 wide, but they fit me perfectly, literally the best fitting footwear of any type I've ever owned. Even my reef flip flops take longer to feel good than the Crispi's.

FURMAN

WKR
I think they fit like everything else I were. I were tens. Tens in Crispi fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I found the Guides and Nevada's to be true to size and maybe (big maybe) a slight bit long. A half size up would be unwearable in my case.

Size 10

OP
ckleeves

ckleeves

WKR
Good to know thanks. I wear a 11.5 in Lowa’s unless I fire shrink them then I need a 12 lol. Sounds like I should just order 11.5.

Adventure

FNG
On my new Crispi Colorado’s i had to go up a half size. I normally wear size 12 in most boots but had to upsize to 12.5. Very comfortable boot.

OP
ckleeves

ckleeves

WKR
Just to update I stopped at a store while traveling that carried Crispi and tried a few pairs on. They are just a tiny bit smaller in length and slightly larger in width then most Lowa’s of the same size but I still wore the same size. Thanks for the info guys.

I appreciate all the info here. going to buy me a pair of Crispis very soon as well.

I'm really buying them for a Sheep hunt in 2021, but would like to get them before this years oklahoma deer season. That way I can try them out for hunting and also use them for my sheep shape workouts.
My biggest problem is there is not a place within 300 miles of my house to try them in person. I'd rather not try the mail order thing and take a chance that I have to send them back for exchange, but I don't see any other way unless I want to wait to see them at the DSC convention in Dallas this coming January.

geoman99

FNG
I had a similar issue with no retail store within driving distance. If you order from Black Ovis you can get a 10% discount ($35) as a Rokslide member. Their return shipping is only $8. I ordered two pairs and returned the pair that did not fit. Even after a return you'll save $27.

Mike 338

WKR
They're pretty true to size but remember... boots for uppy/downy/sidehill aren't like what we wear at work. We'd jam out toes badly in what we wear to work. IMO, almost all hunting boots could benifit from a longer, more generous toebox, without increasing the width.

Tower

FNG
I’m not anywhere near a dealer either (San Antonio) so I had to order pairs directly from Crispi and Black Ovis. I found their sizing to be on the small size in length and a tad too wide for me. Granted I have a slightly narrow foot but I couldn’t get the regular D width to work even with insoles. I normally wear a 13 so I tried those first and they were too short. My toes actually touched the end just sitting down. I then tried the 14 and they were way too big all the way around. Ended up with Kenetrek ME’s which fit me great.

My footwear ranges from 12-13 and I need a wide. I wear 13 wide in crisp Idahoes and thors using a supper feet green. That is roughly the what I wear in Danner, Merrell, Asolo and Kenetrek. I would agree with the post above that they run wide but for me, that is a good thing.

Brado16

WKR
My current pair of boots I have had 8 plus years, Kenetrek Extreme 400 in a 10M and they fit my feet great. Wanted to try a new lighter weight and lower boot this year. Ordered the Crispi Colorado in a 10.5M and the Crispi Thor in a 10.5M. Wore the Colorado on a 14 mile day hike right out of the box in Estes Park. Experienced a good amount of heel lift resulting in a good heel blister on left foot. Toes also started to chaff coming down the mountian. (I wasnt expecting to run a boot w/o breaking it in without any issues) Guessing I should have sized up to an 11 in these. Wore the Thors to work yesterday and they felt a bit narrow and tight in the toe box. Going to order the Thors in an 11 and 11W to see if they fit better. If they do, I will probably run these for archery season in MT. One thing I noticed on both pairs of Crispis is foot fatigue and "achy' footbottoms to the point where I was happy to get them off my feet. Wondering if they will get better with breaking them in or if I should look into an insole like the Superfeet. Is it normal to buy a mid-high end boot and have to replace the insoles right away?

OP
ckleeves

ckleeves

WKR
I don’t even wear the insoles any boot comes with when I’m trying them on. Even in the high end boots I haven’t found one worth saving yet. I can’t help but think the boot manufactures think that most guys aren’t keeping the factory insoles so why make them nice? It has always seemed odd to me that a 300.00 pair of boots comes with a .50 insole.