Crispi Summit vs Idaho

CB4

WKR
I am debating between the Cirpsi Summit and the Idaho. I have never owned a taller boot like the Idaho and curious if anyone has experience with both and their thoughts on each?

Strictly looking at these two because they have the GorTex Performance Comfort and flex 3 rating.

It looks like the Idaho has a couple extra technology features and wondering if that warrants the higher price as well.

May look at Colorado's as well.

I am stepping up form the Salomon Quest 4D.

Thank you in advance!

JonRush

Lil-Rokslider
I have never worn the Summit, but I do own the Idaho. They are a very comfortable boot with the needed ankle support whenever in rocky elevated terrain. I’m not a fan of high ankle boots, but the Idaho’s are definitely the most comfortable boot I’ve ever worn.

I tried on both before ending up with the Idaho. I personally prefer a taller boot, being a larger guy I appreciate the added ankle support while sidehilling. Plan on replacing the insoles though. I put some superfeet inside and couldn’t be happier.

Jimss

WKR
I do a lot of sheep, mtn goat, elk, and other big game hunting in super steep terrain. My preference is mid-weight hikers rather than tall, stiff boots. The taller and heavier the boot the more difficult it is to stalk quietly. Also, taller boots "generally" mean a little more weight and less breathability. Mid weight hikers generally have plenty of ankle support plus stiff soles that are plenty good for cutting into steep hillsides and preventing ankle twisting.

I'm fortunate to have a Scheils close to me where I had the chance to try on several Crispi's. The most comfortable boot I tried on were the Nevadas. They are all leather which ought to last a chunk longer than synthetic boots. The other boot I really liked were the Dakotas. The Dakotas are similar to the Nevadas but have a little lighter weight plus more breathable. Dakotas have a stitched toe rand that likely won't last as long as the Nevadas but I got my Dakotas for around $200 less.

I tried on the Idahos and they also are pretty nice. I've found the less stitching on a boot....the better! I use and abuse my boots year round and most of them end up coming apart at stitching.

OP
CB4

CB4

WKR
Thanks for the replies everyone! I do have a few Scheel's stores around me but they are all over two hours away. And being in Iowa not sure if they actually carry the ones I would want to try on. Need to call ahead and see. I will take a look at the Dakotas

I have both well actually two pairs of Idaho's and one of the summit.. I had to buy a second ID because I wore them out. They are my go to boot. Between the two the ID is the winner for me. Better support and just fells like a better boot. I also own the Nevada's and Dakotas. Idaho's still my favorite.

Jimss

WKR
Jarheadhunter, How are your Dakotas holding up? I'm a little spooked about the stitching on the rand.