Crispi Summits leaking?

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Guys,

Like the title says my summits are leaking. I probably have about 90 miles on them and in the mornings walking through the dew my feet get wet in a matter of minutes. My buddy who also has them and probably has half the miles had the same problem. Or am I expecting to much without conditioning them or treating them?

Thanks, John

Last edited:
Interested as I have had my Summits a little over a year. Scouting this summer my feet got a little wet but I thought that was because I didn't clean and condition them. Just got back in from the weekend and had major issues. Just totally soaked in both boots. Wore rain pants and gatiers and still soaked.
I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow as I have a 2 week moose hunt starting this coming Friday.

Not stoked.

cheers

ShakeDown

WKR
Same with my Colorado’s. I emailed Crispi today and they got back quick. I found this out on day 1 of a 10 day elk hunt in NM. Luckily I brought an extra pair of boots and we tagged out early.

~$400 is a lot of cheese for wet feet.

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Interested as I have had my Summits a little over a year. Scouting this summer my feet got a little wet but I thought that was because I didn't clean and condition them. Just got back in from the weekend and had major issues. Just totally soaked in both boots. Wore rain pants and gatiers and still soaked.
I'm gonna talk to them tomorrow as I have a 2 week moose hunt starting this coming Friday.

Not stoked.

cheers
Yes same thing here, I wore gaiters and they still got soaked. I am going to call as well tomorrow.

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Same with my Colorado’s. I emailed Crispi today and they got back quick. I found this out on day 1 of a 10 day elk hunt in NM. Luckily I brought an extra pair of boots and we tagged out early.

~$400 is a lot of cheese for wet feet.
I found out on day 2 of my 9 day trip. Luckily we only got a couple days of rain and dew where I was. Wore them this morning with my gaiters checking trail cams In MN and they were soaked in about 200 yards of walking through heavy dew. What did Crispi say if you don't mind me asking?

SniperHunter

Lil-Rokslider
All boots will leak eventually...I don't think goretex is as good as it used to be. That being said Danner is definitely not the boot it used to be and I've thrown away new Danner's after 3 months of use.

I wear Meindl Denali (for Cabelas) and like them. I think they revamped the boot recently. I had the soles rebuilt last month and they are good boots but will leak after a day or two of wet snow/rain. Kenetrek are a solid boot but a lot of complaints come to the heel box and major rubbing, Crispi are good boots. Cabela's doesn't make boots but the ones made by meindl tend to be good. Lowa, Hanawag, and Zamberland are all good boots too. Schnee's makes a good mountain boot too but I'm not familiar with it.

One option is to go to Lathrop & Sons online and do their boot fitting. They'll recommend a boot and insole combo but it does cost money upfront. That money gets put toward a boot purchase though. They have a Lowa Tibet that gets good reviews however they do not come in wide so I can't wear them.

I prefer a boot with a full rand around them to protect from sharp rocks.

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
All boots will leak eventually...I don't think goretex is as good as it used to be. That being said Danner is definitely not the boot it used to be and I've thrown away new Danner's after 3 months of use.

I wear Meindl Denali (for Cabelas) and like them. I think they revamped the boot recently. I had the soles rebuilt last month and they are good boots but will leak after a day or two of wet snow/rain. Kenetrek are a solid boot but a lot of complaints come to the heel box and major rubbing, Crispi are good boots. Cabela's doesn't make boots but the ones made by meindl tend to be good. Lowa, Hanawag, and Zamberland are all good boots too. Schnee's makes a good mountain boot too but I'm not familiar with it.

One option is to go to Lathrop & Sons online and do their boot fitting. They'll recommend a boot and insole combo but it does cost money upfront. That money gets put toward a boot purchase though. They have a Lowa Tibet that gets good reviews however they do not come in wide so I can't wear them.

I prefer a boot with a full rand around them to protect from sharp rocks.
Yea I would expect some boots to leak eventually but only walking through dew and the feet being soaked is not what I would expect after only 90 miles on them. My buddies feet in his 3 year old Lowa Tibets never got wet. I am currently in the process of going through the warranty process with Crispi. Going to try and get them sent in and tested and if they send me a replacement pair I will give them a second chance. If not they will become work boots and I will be looking for a new boot!

mnhoundman

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone hear back from Crispi? I sold mine to a buddy because they were to small for me, not many miles on them. Walked through a little wet snow and they were both soaked!! Not happy! For 300.00 i would expect them to be waterproof for a little while for crying out loud

HookUp

WKR
Try Scarpa. I have both and the Scarpas do a much better job staying dry.

wapitibob

WKR
Just my opinion but i think it’s virtually impossible to prevent water from getting pushed thru the membrane once the outer boot is saturated. Simple hydraulics will force it thru at the toe box hinge point.
I think you need an all leather boot like hanwag Alaska or lowa Tibet and then you need to grease the bejeezus out of them. What would really help is a gator that covered that toe box flex point.

gore will warranty those boots if crispi doesn’t.

Mine leak like they have mesh sides. Comfortable but horrible at keeping the water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasTBag

FNG
I have a pair of Crispi Titan GTX and they have been great, warm and dry. I hope they stay that way, first pair of boots that really fit me and my odd shaped feet well.

TripleJ

WKR
My Crispis are a year old and leak like a sieve anytime they get wet. I expected another season or 2 before they leaked. I will say, they are super comfortable...when the are dry.

My Crispis are a year old and leak like a sieve anytime they get wet. I expected another season or 2 before they leaked. I will say, they are super comfortable...when the are dry.

Same experience here.

Update - don’t expect Crispi to stand behind their products. They could care less if they leak after moderate use.

One thing I've found with cordura aka cloth boots is you have to keep enough treatment on them so the water beads off.
When the nubuck and fabric gets soaked I dont the the gortex or whatever can handle it that long.
Try the nikiwax

I know it sucks but hopefully that will help you get the boots wore out at least.

You can't let your boots get soaked and dry out until they become hard. They won't last. Mine don't leak and have been completely wet but I use https://www.amazon.com/Obenaufs-Lea...nt=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-492878143624&psc=1
on em and a silicone spray too. My 10 year old Danner Pronghorns don't leak either. If you don't keep your boots clean, soft and pliable, they fall apart and degrade quickly. A little extra care goes a long way. These are my old Danners right after re-treatment. Except for less tread on bottom they look brand new still.

Last edited:

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Interesting and sad to read this thread. On one hand, there is a huge marketing push with their lineup of boots specifically for hunting, to the point their are numerous “reviews” and podcasts, you tube links etc. Not once do any of these mention wet feet.
Nothing shuts down a hunt faster than wet feet.
Then their are actual consumers that all have the same issue. Where is the integrity??

I did as much research as I could a few months ago, as I was ready to spend $300+ on a pair of their boots. In the end I did not purchase them based on the overwhelming feedback about them getting wet.
I can’t speak on how comfortable they are, as many do say they are, but you can keep your flex scale mumbo jumbo because it means nothing if a hunting boot can’t keep feet dry.

Not pulling any punches here. I am not going to be a repeat customer. And I will not recommend them. Here is their customer service response... they don’t care how much you did or didn’t wear them. They only care about the time frame: You get one season with them. Better make it count!

Hi,

If the boots were purchased at the beginning of the summer in 2018 then they would fall outside of our warranty time frame. For boots that fall outside our warranty, you will need to go directly through Gortex for leaking replacements. I have listed their site below. Gortex offers a lifetime warranty on it's membrane staying 100% waterproof. Please let me know if you have any other questions or there's anything I can help you with.
https://www.gore-tex.com

Thanks,
Justin