Crispi Summits leaking?

That is great for you but when it comes to boots time means nothing. Actual use does.

These things leaked last fall. I just didn’t get around to contacting them about their garbage product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is great for you but when it comes to boots time means nothing. Actual use does.

These things leaked last fall. I just didn’t get around to contacting them about their garbage product.

I'm not defending the boots. But how's it there fault you didn't contact them?
And there supposed to take your word you only wore them 5 days?
Your missing how many ass hats send in wore out boots and say they got 5 days on them.

I'm not defending the boots. But how's it there fault you didn't contact them?
And there supposed to take your word you only wore them 5 days?
Your missing how many ass hats send in wore out boots and say they got 5 days on them.

Ask for pictures? Have a conversation? Ask when they started leaking?

Look. They are a POS when it comes to waterproofness. They know it but are hiding behind a time stamp.

Good luck to those that buy them in the future. I will not be.

Ask for pictures? Have a conversation? Ask when they started leaking?

Look. They are a POS when it comes to waterproofness. They know it but are hiding behind a time stamp.

Good luck to those that buy them in the future. I will not be.

So what are you gonna buy that's better or will give you more then a year to return?
They did give you the contact for gortex but doesn't seem like you wanna go that route ether.
Gortex dominates the market. Matter of fact I dont even know of a different product.
To me it gore that's junk.

So what are you gonna buy that's better or will give you more then a year to return?
They did give you the contact for gortex but doesn't seem like you wanna go that route ether.
Gortex dominates the market. Matter of fact I dont even know of a different product.
To me it gore that's junk.

I already bought them. Just as waterproof and they dry faster!

cb7957b9110d79fc533711c13db399ee.jpg

bhylton

WKR
my experience with lots of boots is this... the stiffer the boot, the longer they stay waterproof. i dont care who made the boot, if you bend,flex and compress that gor-tex liner over and over again its gonna leak sooner than later. my flexible boots always leak first where the toe portion of the boot bends.

JohnnyMac

FNG
Yea I would expect some boots to leak eventually but only walking through dew and the feet being soaked is not what I would expect after only 90 miles on them. My buddies feet in his 3 year old Lowa Tibets never got wet. I am currently in the process of going through the warranty process with Crispi. Going to try and get them sent in and tested and if they send me a replacement pair I will give them a second chance. If not they will become work boots and I will be looking for a new boot!
Hey Guys,

Like the title says my summits are leaking. I probably have about 90 miles on them and in the mornings walking through the dew my feet get wet in a matter of minutes. My buddy who also has them and probably has half the miles had the same problem. Or am I expecting to much without conditioning them or treating them?

Thanks, John
How do I PM you? I have some info for you about crisp summits that i have had leak as well

Rhino

FNG
How do I PM you? I have some info for you about crisp summits that i have had leak as well

I too have a pair of Summits. I thought they leaked after my first elk hunt this year. My socks were soaked after a day of cold and rain... I’ve got over 100 miles on them from spring bear, but felt they should still be waterproof. So.... Today I submerged them in water and worked the boot and material with the hopes I could find a leak. I couldn’t and truly believe a few things. Only a well greased, full leather boot like the Nevada will keep your feet dry. I have them and they have sno seal on them and my feet are dry. Secondly, a boot like the Summit or any synthetic blend boot absolutely needs a nubuck waterproofing spray applied like the Nixwax. Gore tex will get overwhelmed and water will eventually penetrate it if the boot outer portion is saturated. Lastly and this is a theory, but much like a tent. Warm inside and cold outside equals condensation. Especially a non insulated boot, the moisture in the boot is going to condense a lot faster than an insulated boot and maybe not even condense. Crispi needs to just explain reality on any specific boots waterproofness. Set realistic expectations, have happy customers. Not saying sand bag, but find a happy medium. Boots are expensive and they should last longer than one hunt and for most guys, several seasons. Hope that helps and I’d love to hear others thought in this, better yet, Crispis

wapitibob

WKR
Unfortunately, goretex being waterproof in a boot isn’t reality. Knowing that, I buy boots from rei so I can drop them on the counter and walk out with refund money or a new pair and I don’t have to deal with a company that can’t afford to replace my leaking boots.

North

FNG
Not saying this is everyone’s problem here, but I just got back from a very wet trip in brand new Crispi Colorados. I did treat them with a few coats of Crispi’s spray before I left. My feet started getting wet after spending days on end in wet grass and rain. But water did not seem to permeate them crossing creeks or stepping in puddles. It was more just a build up until the point my socks got soggy. Upon returning home I was considering returning them, but I found an article stating that it’s common for people to assume their boots are leaking when it’s actually moisture coming from inside the boot. When the membrane is constantly soaked with water the boots stop being able to breathe because they’re clogged with water and you’re essentially wearing a rubber boot at that point. Couple that with wearing 2 pairs of wool socks and hiking all day and your feet are going to sweat. Last year I experienced the same thing in my Scarpas and I tried soaking them in the tub while filled with toilet paper and could not get them to leak under those conditions. Again, not saying the users here do not truly have leaky boots, I’m sure it happens a lot, just something to consider.

You shouldn't have to seam seal or treat $3-400 boots. Sounds like Crispi spends more on advertising than product development.

Buy Zam

Does kenetrek have the same waterproof problem? I will be buying new boots next season. My under armour brow tine will no longer keep my feet dry even hiking through dewey grass like you guys mentioned

Unfortunately, goretex being waterproof in a boot isn’t reality. Knowing that, I buy boots from rei so I can drop them on the counter and walk out with refund money or a new pair and I don’t have to deal with a company that can’t afford to replace my leaking boots.

Really? How does that work? That’s sweet. Is that under a year that you have to return them if you have an issue to get a refund?

OP
J

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I just got some more time between work and home life to get back on here. I received a new pair from crispi and have about 20 miles on my new pair with some DWR treatment and they are working awesome. I'm going to do a gear dump and upgrade a few things before next year and gunna throw the boots up for sale as well if anyone is interested. Thanks for all the insights and posts!

colersu22

WKR
Really? How does that work? That’s sweet. Is that under a year that you have to return them if you have an issue to get a refund?

yes Rei has a 1 year warranty so you could buy boots and return them within a year and get a refund or a new pair. After returning you could also buy them back at one of there garage sales for a huge discount. I believe the 1 year warranty goes for everything besides electronics.

yes Rei has a 1 year warranty so you could buy boots and return them within a year and get a refund or a new pair. After returning you could also buy them back at one of there garage sales for a huge discount. I believe the 1 year warranty goes for everything besides electronics.

Ok gotcha. So if they started leaking or something in a year they would replace them? Huh