Crispi Thor Boot

Hey guys. Super interested in the Crispi Thor boot. I tried them on the other day and they seemed to fit my foot perfect and feel great. I mostly archery hunt and it seems like a great early season archery boot, however, I'm wondering how it would perform during an October rifle hunt. Any experiences? I mainly hunt muleys in steep high mountain stuff and do a little elk hunting as well.

I'm looking to buy one boot for all my hunts. I don't really hunt out west past October. If the Thor wouldn't work, what would be a better option? I don't like insulated boots and I usually wear kuiu yukon gaiters in October. Looking to stay in the $300 range. The boots I'm currently using are the Salmon 4d 3 GTX. I've really liked them but they aren't very durable.

I’ve used the Thor’s all year, September Archery Elk, November 3rd rifle season in CO and some whitetail hunts. Paired with Stormfront Gaiters for the ankle to knee deep snow in November, they worked perfectly for me. My feet don’t get all that cold so the temps were fine. They’ve held up well durability wise, I couldn’t guess how many miles I have on them now. I’m very happy with them

Brendan

WKR
Not warm, not stiff. Great for an archery season light hiker, beyond that it depends how much stiffness and warmth you need.

Mine have been relegated to light loads and no-pack type hikes. Turned my ankle in mine laced up all the way, but I do have a weak ankle.

Kotaman

WKR
The Colorado or Nevada would probably be a better “fit”. I love my Thor’s early season, but switch to the Colorado‘s and Nevada’s later on. If I was going to own one pair of Crispi for everything, it would be the Nevada’s.

CB4

WKR
I as well used to use the Quest 4D and had two pairs fail last year and wont go back. Just got a pair of Crispi Colorados and love them.

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
Early season boot only for me but my feet run cold. I wear gaiters but still had some wet feet during rain. Other than that, it’s my go to boot for hunts where I’m not worried about gettin wet. Then I switch to my Wild Rocks. Both are excellent boots that I have some miles on and have been super happy with.

I’ll echo the above. They are super comfy with basically no break in required, but are not insulated and are pretty flexible (sole and ankle).

I’ll echo the above. They are super comfy with basically no break in required, but are not insulated and are pretty flexible (sole and ankle).

Had mine for a while. Like them a lot. Have about 150 miles on them from Montana to the Grand Canyon. I swap them for insulated boots later in the season. Echo the points above. They are stiffer than my asolo fugitives but not as much as some other hunting boots. Think of them as a midweight hiker with a beefier sole. With a warm sock and a gaiter I have done mild snow with them.

They are not a burly mountain boot but they don’t carry the cost and weight either.

OP
Bowhunter50
Thanks guys sounds like a more versatile boot like the Colorado or Nevada would be a better option. I’m leaning toward the Colorado any experiences with it? Sounds like it would be a good option for sidehilling which has been a challenge with the Salomons I’ve used. However, I’ve never used a stiff boot like that.

Also curious what specifically makes the Thor a less desirable option? I’ve used the Salomons for day hunts in October with thicker socks and gaiters and they seemed fine. However, I’ve never been on a week long hunt in October so perhaps I’m missing something.

I’ve always been more of a bow hunter and used lightweight boots during the archery hunts. Planning a week long rifle hunt for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
The Thor is really comfortable - it's just a flexible light-hiker not all that different from a Salomon. Not nearly stiff enough for me on any sort of a "mountain" hunt or carrying any weight, and it's a warm weather boot...

But that said, everyone's feet are really different. So, YMMV.

It is not a bad boots at all. Heck, some folks are tackling big hills in trail runners so to each there own.

I tend to like an insulated boot once it gets cold and a Stiffer boot if I am on really tough terrain. Jordan did a nice write up on the Colorado’s.

sivart

WKR
I tried them. Just couldn't get used to the narrow sole. Put extra pressure on my arches, and then extra pressure on knees. Much prefer a wider frame boot. and I have fairly narrow feet.

OP
Bowhunter50
Just realized I never replied. I tried the Colorado’s on and I’ll be purchasing those once there’s a sale. Seems like a good versatile boot and they fit my feet great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk