Crispi Thor Equivalent

isu22andy

WKR
Tried on some Crispi Thor GTX and like the design weight of the boot but the insole felt a little stiff /hard to me compared to my Crispi west rivers - Will this be something that breaks in and works or should I go with a boot with a more comfortable insole ? What other company or Crispi model has something similar to these ? Light weight uninsulated and waterproof .

marktole

WKR
Why don’t you just put a different insole in the boot?

I’ve got a pair of Thor boots and use the stock insole from a pair of Schnees Beartooth II boots. My foot really likes that combo, I’ve never cared for the stock crispi insoles.

If you wanted a whole different boot then, to my eye, the Hanwag Makra Combi GTX looks similar.

You guys that have the Thor's, how does the ankle support feel when carrying a heavy pack? Looking for a warmer weather compliment to my Briksdal SF's.

I have Crispis with the ABSS and Thors which don’t have the ABSS. No comparison, imo. The lack of ankle support is very noticeable. I love my Thor’s for light hiking, but if you want ankle support, I wouldn’t recommend the Thor’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I found the third to be good for hiking but not so much for hunting. It’s a nice light stiff boot that for me works well with lighter loads (like for day long peak bagging trips) but for hauling game out I’ll take my birksdall a any day.

FURMAN

WKR
Tried on some Crispi Thor GTX and like the design weight of the boot but the insole felt a little stiff /hard to me compared to my Crispi west rivers - Will this be something that breaks in and works or should I go with a boot with a more comfortable insole ? What other company or Crispi model has something similar to these ? Light weight uninsulated and waterproof .

My Crispi Thors are almost as far from stiff as it gets, seriously. I am not sure what you're going to find that is much more flexible while still being capable in the mountains. In any case I have the Thors and the Briksdal SFs and neither required any break in whatsoever for me. Other boots I have worn have required 10-20 miles.

Block

WKR
I wore the bottom off a set of Thor’s in no time.,,, Crispi told me that’s the trade off for a lightweight boot. Not a big Crispi fan after that email

Benjblt

WKR
My Crispi Thors are almost as far from stiff as it gets, seriously. I am not sure what you're going to find that is much more flexible while still being capable in the mountains. In any case I have the Thors and the Briksdal SFs and neither required any break in whatsoever for me. Other boots I have worn have required 10-20 miles.
Do you mean the upper is not stiff ? The sole is definitely not as flexible as a lot of other boots and rated on the stiffer side by Crispi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
Do you mean the upper is not stiff ? The sole is definitely not as flexible as a lot of other boots and rated on the stiffer side by Crispi.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

No. I mean the boot, the sole. The upper stiffness is near irrelevant. I have Briksdal SFs and my Thor GTXs are not even comparable in stiffness. Crispi has been known to recycle names so I am not sure if there was an "update" but mine are very flexible(if they did update they look the same as every pic I have seen). I would not choose to wear them in terrain outside of easy foothills or typical antelope terrain. I wore them on my NZ hunt and they were not horrible but it is not a boot I would recommend for that terrain. I am actually wearing them in my profile pic on my coues deer hunt. They were very comfortable but did not have the support I would want. The Briksdal SF on the other hand is a very stiff boot but still comfortable in easier terrain. They are both awesome boots with different purposes in my opinion. I bought mine in 2018 if that helps. I would recommend the OP call Crispi and tell them what you want. They have excellent customer service in my experience.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckaz34