Crispi Toe Box Height?

I recently got a pair of Guide GTX boots and have a few miles on them and love them so far, but I have a question.. The toe box seems very short - as in not real tall?

I have very average feet - I wear regular sizes in everything, no special insoles, etc, but right under the little metal "Crispi" thing at the bottom of the laces, there doesnt seem to be much room..I actually thought the tongue was bunched up under there or the laces were too tight at first, but I have the bottom laces across the top of my foot very loose.

Is that how they all are? Will that go away as they break in a little more? Or is that how they are supposed to be?

Netherman

WKR
I found the same thing in my summits. They aren't painfully tight but I think impact circulation and leave me with cold toes later in the season. I've tried wearing thicker socks to see if that would stretch them a bit, but haven't noticed any movement. You might have better luck than me as your boots are leather. I ended up getting some lower profile insoles (superfeet carbon) and got a bit more room but not sure how the comfort will be.

I'm curious about trying the same size in a wide. I've been kicking around the idea of getting some insulated guides for colder hunts and a taller boot.

Not sure if you can still exchange them, but I'd be interested to know how it goes if you try a wide or going up a size.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I just tried two pairs of crispis and the toe box volume was off on both not just width but height seemed really cramped.

Went with a different boot company for my foot shape. Seemed like great boots though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
cornfedkiller
Not sure if you can still exchange them, but I'd be interested to know how it goes if you try a wide or going up a size.

Nope, too late for that. I'm also curious if a wide would give more height, but I'm worried that will make the width too sloppy. And I've tried on a half size larger and got a lot of heel slip and just foot shifting in general.

Like you, its not painful or anything, but I worry about circulation. Sucks because its the only thing about the boot that isn't perfect.

Seabass77

FNG
I’m in the market for new boots and tried these on at scheels. Noticed the toe box height issue right away. Did this go away for you guys with some wearing or is it still there?
Thanks!

OP
cornfedkiller
I’m in the market for new boots and tried these on at scheels. Noticed the toe box height issue right away. Did this go away for you guys with some wearing or is it still there?
Thanks!

It's still kinda there, but hasnt seemed to bother me much unless I think about it. I put different insoles in that are thinner (just some gel Dr. Scholls ones) and that helped a little bit. Once I get the boots on and walking, I don't seem to notice it as much. And it only seems to be on one foot and not the other.

In a perfect world, there would be a little more room there, but I can live with it.

The only crispi boots I have worn are the summit and colorado. I didnt have trouble with toe room at first, but it seems like the toe box shrinks back some and gets shorter over time. On the second pair I got a half size bigger, and after a year I am starting to feel slightly crowded in the toes.

AZ8

WKR
The only crispi boots I have worn are the summit and colorado. I didnt have trouble with toe room at first, but it seems like the toe box shrinks back some and gets shorter over time. On the second pair I got a half size bigger, and after a year I am starting to feel slightly crowded in the toes.
Yup. My Crispi Dakotas did the same. I can't even wear them anymore.

Seabass77

FNG
Thanks for the responses. I usually where a 12 or 12.5 depending on the boot. The 12 I tried on at the store is when I noticed the tongue. Ordered a 13 online and don’t feel a thing, fit perfectly. Hopefully it stays that way.