Crispi Vs Scheen vs ???

Looking to get a new pair of hunting boots.. I’ve been looking at crispi and scheens.. anyone have any opinions, constructive please, on these two brands and specifically model boot. Maybe some other brands. I have been using Salomons hiking boots for a long time and I want to change it up.

nuclear worker

Lil-Rokslider
I have had Kenetrek, Meindel just got a pair of Krispi hunter with 200 gram insulation. They are the most comfortable new boots I have ever had. Have several miles and over 500 flights of steps with 60 pound pack no hot spots or blisters. Haven’t been on the mountain with them yet.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worn a pair out of the Crispi nevadas and resoled now bought another pair great boot out of the box very comfortable great ankle support just a solid boot that is waterproof.....for winter been wearing a pair of schnees with 400 gr thinsulate been running them two winters tons of miles in snow water and weatherproof comfortable and expect two more winters out of them both serving me well.....have to find boots that work for your feet both of these have served me well and there are reviews on both

MtnMuley

WKR
Own and/or have owned 9 pairs of Kenetreks if memory serves me right. Own 3 pair of Crispi's now as well. Kenetreks are the best boots I've ever owned as far as comfort, but Crispi wins in a landslide as far as customer service/support goes. Can't comment in Schnee's since I don't own a pair.

I own both right now and they are made on totally different lasts. I'd say you need to first find out which is a better fit for your feet.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely recommend trying on a few different pairs to see what fits you best.

That said if Crispi fits your feet well, they are great. I am on season 3 this year with my Dakotas, going strong, no blisters, no foot pain, no leaks ever. They have been awesome. I will likely replace those with the exact same boot if these things ever wear out.

HPG2018

FNG
I have a pair of crispi briksdal gtx and thor gtx. Like the birksdal better, both fit very well and have working elk hunting in Wyoming and 60+ days bird hunting in them. Quality and customer service is very good. Will probably buy pair of briksdal sf gtx this year.

Big fan of Schnee's, specifically the Beartooth. I have a pair of bear tooth insulated and bear tooth II non-insulated and love them both. Schnee's customer service is also phenomenal, being so far away when I ordered my first pair and they did not fit, they sent me a label, I mailed them back and got the replacement set all within a week. Been on one pair for 3 years and the other for 2, zero issues with wear or loss of waterproofing, just wax them at end of season. Occasionally meat eater and RMEF have discount codes if you keep an eye out.

i have a pair of crispi nevada and thor’s. however i find myself wearing my hanwag yukon daily. thor’s have been great early season (besides the lacing) and the nevada late season. any other time it’s the hanwags.

wildcat33

WKR
Im a big fan of Schnee's, but I would also throw in Lathrop&sons. The mtn hunters are one sweet sweet boot.

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Crispi's. I've been using mine for about the last 4 years with excellent results (hunting Utah). There is very little noticeable wear, and very little, if any break-in required. If these wear out I will definitely have another pair.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Crispi makes a nice boot but they don't fit my feet. Zamberlan makes the best fit for my feet. I've tried them all. Asking for thoughts on boots is one thing, but buying boots without trying them first gets expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hcaudle

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going on my 4th year with a pair of Crispi Hunter GTX. Best boots I’ve ever owned. However, my cousin runs the Schnees Beartooth II and says the same about his. I think the crispis are wider in the toe, beartooth are narrower overall. I think they’re pretty much the same boot, just pick whichever fits your foot the best.

jc91

FNG
I wouldn’t buy a boot before trying it on and knowing how it fits first. Too many differences in people’s feet can cause issues when finding a new boot.

Try to go to any of their events coming up and try before you buy.

bamagun

FNG
Crispi Nevada's (insulated) here... Picked them up last year and right out of the box took them to UT, NM, and CO and my feet never even thought about a blister.. I was new to those types of boots and Im glad I didn't try to cut corners when making that purchase. Ill be picking up the non insulated ones too in a month for this September...

loops

FNG
I tried on a couple different pairs and the Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTX felt the best to me. Check them out if you can find any locally.

Austink47

WKR
My Crispi Summits Uninsulated have been hands down the best all around boot I have ever owned.