crispi vs zamberlan... size and fit

i will be in the market soon for a new pair of boots, i have never owned zamberlan, and i know crispi boots are the most comfortable boot i have owned.

i'm also very curious about zamberlan, most speak highly on comfort and durability. the 2 boots i'm looking at are the zamberlan Lynx, and crispi nevada. for those who have owned both brands of boots, how does the fit and sizing of zamberlan compare to crispi?

crispi boots seem like they are exactly true to size, my normal shoe size is 11, and size 11 crispi fit perfect, 10.5 almost work but are a little tight in the toe doing steep downhill. if i get zamberlans, what size will i want?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have heard that some Zamberlans run 1/2 size big, but I've had four pair and all four ran true to size for me and my size 13 feet. I also have a pair of Crispi's (can't remember which model) and their 13 fits me just fine as well.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried the Crispi Guide (taller version of Nevada) and the Zamberlan 966 Seguaro. In my opinion the Crispi Guide was roomier in the forefoot/toebox area than the Zamberlan. The Zamberlan was not particularly narrow or anything, it just had more a typical average fit and was not as generous as the Crispi Guide in that part of the boot. I would add the Guide/Nevada is a really nice boot ..... at least for my foot. I have found Crispi boots to vary in fit quite a bit between different models.

ZDR

WKR
I have the Zam Lynx and find they run true to size.. The heel cup and toe box are perfect for my foot. Have tried Crispi's on, but could not get a good fit. It wasnt bad, but felt sloppy compared with the Lynx.

In my experience Zamberlan's run wide, which is great for me. I'm pretty certain I tried Crispi while trying to find a boot, I know I tried several of the major brands. Everything was narrow for my foot. Tried a wide Zamberlan and it was too wide, the standard 10.5 fits my foot perfect. Most all work boots I wear a EE. My work boots for the past 8-10 years have been Justin slip-on's in 10.5 EE. Danners I always wore a 10.5 EE.

I can't give you direct comparisons between the Crispi and Zamberlan, but maybe that helps.

Most recent pair of Zamberlan's are the lynx with boa, I really like them.

fwafwow

WKR
@roosiebull - did you decide on a pair? I'm also looking at some new boots, and just stumbled across a pair of Zamberlans (the 1112 Cresta Altas) that has me wondering about them vs. Crispi, and I have the same sizing question. My normal size is also 11, and I've got a pair of Lapponias in 11 that fit perfectly, and Wild Rock GTX in 11.5 that also are perfect (with thicker socks).

Zamberlan has a sizing guide (https://www.zamberlanusa.com/page/size-charts) that isn't the simplest, but it's putting me between a 10 and 10 and 1/2. This seems to be consistent with their first FAQ (https://www.zamberlanusa.com/page/faqs), but I've not tried on a pair to confirm.

OP
roosiebull
I have the Zam Lynx and find they run true to size.. The heel cup and toe box are perfect for my foot. Have tried Crispi's on, but could not get a good fit. It wasnt bad, but felt sloppy compared with the Lynx.
Thanks guys. Unless I can try on zamberlan boots, I will probably just get the crispy Nevada, I don’t like boots but I like crispy... I should probably stick with what I know fits perfect

OP
roosiebull
@roosiebull - did you decide on a pair? I'm also looking at some new boots, and just stumbled across a pair of Zamberlans (the 1112 Cresta Altas) that has me wondering about them vs. Crispi, and I have the same sizing question. My normal size is also 11, and I've got a pair of Lapponias in 11 that fit perfectly, and Wild Rock GTX in 11.5 that also are perfect (with thicker socks).

Zamberlan has a sizing guide (https://www.zamberlanusa.com/page/size-charts) that isn't the simplest, but it's putting me between a 10 and 10 and 1/2. This seems to be consistent with their first FAQ (https://www.zamberlanusa.com/page/faqs), but I've not tried on a pair to confirm.
So far I’m shying away from zamberlan just because I know crispy fits me perfect, and the unknown may be a mistake

OP
roosiebull
In my experience Zamberlan's run wide, which is great for me. I'm pretty certain I tried Crispi while trying to find a boot, I know I tried several of the major brands. Everything was narrow for my foot. Tried a wide Zamberlan and it was too wide, the standard 10.5 fits my foot perfect. Most all work boots I wear a EE. My work boots for the past 8-10 years have been Justin slip-on's in 10.5 EE. Danners I always wore a 10.5 EE.

I can't give you direct comparisons between the Crispi and Zamberlan, but maybe that helps.

Most recent pair of Zamberlan's are the lynx with boa, I really like them.
I have a like new pair of danner mountain assault size 10ee, don’t know if they would fit but I would be willing to sell them for shipping cost if you are interested... really stiff like kenetrek, they are too stiff and wide for me... they are in near new condition, I just don’t need them

ZDR

WKR
Thanks guys. Unless I can try on zamberlan boots, I will probably just get the crispy Nevada, I don’t like boots but I like crispy... I should probably stick with what I know fits perfect
Never a mistake to stay with what you know works.
All the best.

Bcreek86

FNG
I gave my brand new 966’s away to my best bud. Most uncomfortable boot side hilling I think I’ve ever worn tore my ankles up. I was so upset I gave them to him. He loves them. So you can take that for what it’s worth! Crispis just feet me like a glove.

OP
roosiebull
I gave my brand new 966’s away to my best bud. Most uncomfortable boot side hilling I think I’ve ever worn tore my ankles up. I was so upset I gave them to him. He loves them. So you can take that for what it’s worth! Crispis just feet me like a glove.
Dang, that’s boots for you. That’s why I try to add a disclaimer when suggesting boots to people, personal fit can vary so much. How was the size comparison? Same size with both boots? One fit bigger than the other?

Bcreek86

FNG
Dang, that’s boots for you. That’s why I try to add a disclaimer when suggesting boots to people, personal fit can vary so much. How was the size comparison? Same size with both boots? One fit bigger than the other?
Actually not at all the 966 left boot felt a half size smaller honestly it really bugged me going strait down hills. I have narrow ankles(chicken legs)!haha! And the zambs would touch getting them tight and the crispis still have a 3/4 gap over the tongue and I can cinch them down tight for ankle support if I need I’ve had the 960s too and they were much more comfortable for “my” foot.

OP
roosiebull
Actually not at all the 966 left boot felt a half size smaller honestly it really bugged me going strait down hills. I have narrow ankles(chicken legs)!haha! And the zambs would touch getting them tight and the crispis still have a 3/4 gap over the tongue and I can cinch them down tight for ankle support if I need I’ve had the 960s too and they were much more comfortable for “my” foot.
thanks, that's helpful info for the future. i still plan on trying some Zamberlans down the road. it's weird how boots from the same company can feel so much different. a couple years ago i bought some crispi summits, those boots are literally custom made for my foot, and stayed dry for a season and a half, but they finally started leaking after a bunch of miles through a lot of thorny brush here on the coast. they are almost a little small steep downhill, but not too bad, i love those boots.

late fall i ordered 2 pair of Nevadas, 10.5 (same as my summits) and an 11... the 11's were way too big, and the 10.5's seem a solid half size bigger than my summits.... almost could use a 10, but i'm gonna rock the 10.5's. have about 100ish miles on them so far and it took almost that to get rid of the heel rub which i never had with the summits. the Nevada has a bigger toe box, and all around bigger feeling. i figured the fit would be the same, but not the case.... still like them, they are getting comfortable now, and if they stay dry for 2 seasons, i will be stoked, but they would be the perfect boot if they fit like my summits.

i'm going to get the 1013 leopard gtx from zamberlan, which will likely fit like the 966, which may be ideal for me..... or they will add to the pile of boots i have that i barely wear, haha.... too curious to not try a pair.

appreciate the info!