Crispi waterproofing

Alright so I got an itch this week and went crazy. I ordered a pair of Nevada’s and Thor’s . Which waterproofing do you guys use? The spray or the cream?

what’s the difference is one better then the other ?

thanks

I have only applied cream to my Thor’s and did it twice in the year that I’ve had them. It has repelled water well enough but where I typically hunt its pretty dry. They only see heavy moisture at the occasional creek crossing or trudging through mud and snow.

Why not use what the manufacturer sells and recommends? Crispi waterproofing cream works really well. It conditions the leather and waterproofs the boot. It is all I used on my Crispi Hunter GTX. Some say it is expensive (about $15), but when I spend $400 for a pair of boots, I am not going to try to save 2 or 3 dollars on boot treatment. I bought two containers of it when I bought my boots, and treat them regularly. When one container gets empty, I have the second one to use, and order another one for backup.

Crispi cream. Per Crispi, the cream waterproofs but allows breathability thus providing better moisture transfer out of the boot. However, Crispi doesn't care what you put on the boot. I previously had Kenetreks and you had to use their wax or the warranty would be voided.

Scrappy

WKR

I've been using the crispi cream as well as the nikwax that they are using in the crispi video with great results.

OP
F
Why not use what the manufacturer sells and recommends? Crispi waterproofing cream works really well. It conditions the leather and waterproofs the boot. It is all I used on my Crispi Hunter GTX. Some say it is expensive (about $15), but when I spend $400 for a pair of boots, I am not going to try to save 2 or 3 dollars on boot treatment. I bought two containers of it when I bought my boots, and treat them regularly. When one container gets empty, I have the second one to use, and order another one for backup.

they sell and recommend both. The crispi cream and the crispi spray

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
I talked to the guys at Crispi and they recommend spray for synthetic materials and the cream for leathers. I have the summits so I bought the spray and it worked great.

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
Krispi Kreme on the Nevadas for me. I use Nikwak's cleaning gel/ scrubber and leather conditioner first, then the cream after that. Only gripe is that it doesn't seem to stay on the boot long, allows water to eventually penetrate the leather. I usually clean and reapply each trip though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I use the cream stuff they sell, it’s actually pretty awesome stuff.

I used my birksdalls on a sheep hunt last year and the boots got really wet over the 5 days, after I got home and the boots dried out they were all white and crusty and messed up, I thought they were done for but the cream really brought the leather back to life, I’m still using those boots.

I also use that cream on my non insulated guides and my wife’s grand paradisios.

Frost

FNG
I wasn’t particularly impressed with the Crispi cream. I used it on my Guides. I would treat the boots, working as much as I could into the leather. But after just a couple cycles of getting wet then drying, the boots looked light brown and dried out. Tried the Oregon Trail Co/Kenetrek wax when I bought a pair of Kenetreks and that would keep the leather dark and looking moisturized for much longer. It was a different boot but still, that wax seemed better.

Alright so I got an itch this week and went crazy. I ordered a pair of Nevada’s and Thor’s . Which waterproofing do you guys use? The spray or the cream?

what’s the difference is one better then the other ?

thanks
Obinoffs boot balm or oil is incredible

Rock-o

WKR
It was a different boot...
Well, yes.

Kenetrek = Full-grain leather
Crispi = Nubuk leather

I don't know how much of a difference full-grain vs Nubuk makes but they are different. Also, some (many???) say that full-grain is "better" "overall".

One tip with the Crispi's, in addition to using a waterproof cream.. is to just make sure that you keep the gussets on the tongue free of gravel and rocks. In my experience with the Briksdal's, this can lead to the Gore Tex membrane getting damaged, thus causing the boots to leak, regardless of what you waterproof the leather with.