Crispi West River first impressions

PhlyanPan

FNG
Haven't seen a lot of talk about these particular boots so I figured since I'm a FNG and need posts anyway I'd give my impressions. Keep in mind, this is my first pair of mountain style boots so I really have no idea what I'm talking about but here goes.

Saw these on sale on Black Friday for $240 and couldn't pass it up. Also saw some zamberlan 980 outfitters for a darn good price so I ordered one pair of each in a 12 and figured I'd keep the ones that felt the best.

So far I'm quite happy with them. They get more comfortable every time I wear them. They were slightly more roomy up in the toe area in the front then the zamberlans which sealed the deal especially since the 980s were uninsulated. With a liner sick and a mid weight wool sock the crispis feel really good. The crispis are triple stitched where the zamberlans were only double.

The insole is not particularly impressive, I really would like a little more cushion I think but I can deal with that easy enough. The only other question mark for me is the pu coated leather rand as opposed to a true rubber rand. It is triple stitched and seems pretty tough though so I'm sure it will last longer than I do.

I would say I probably have only 3-5 miles in them so far so this is all still preliminary but at this point I feel like i got a pretty darn good deal.