CRISPI WILD ROCK GTX---Break-in??

I just got thee boots. They look well made and feel well made. I tried them on and they fit fine. I did 5 minutes in them outside around the place and they feel good. Not sure they need break-in but I am going to give them a little anyway. Superfeet will arrive tomorrow. My first exposure to both brands....

Never needed a break in with mine, good boot if they fit right, only issues i had with mine is id get a hot spot on my big toes after 5-6 miles

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Neither of my two pair of Crispi boots have required what I would call a true break in. I actually find them more comfortable than most out of the box.

Back in the day I used to soak my arm boots in water and then walk the out wet until the dried and then oil them with leather softeners and what not and try to get 10-20 “easy” miles on them before I really used them in he field.

Have not had to do anything like that with a decent hiking boot brand.

For my crispis I have cut the super feet to fit and then walked them a few miles to figure out a lacing scheme.

I’ve got about 20 miles on my wild rocks, and I like them more every time I wear them. I know a lot of people swear that they don’t need broken in, but mine definitely improved with some walking. I love the support in steep, rough stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
I just got thee boots. They look well made and feel well made. I tried them on and they fit fine. I did 5 minutes in them outside around the place and they feel good. Not sure they need break-in but I am going to give them a little anyway. Superfeet will arrive tomorrow. My first exposure to both brands....

Love mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a few hikes on the Wild Rocks and they are broken in. Probably 30 miles nothing extreme For a robust boot they are great out the box. Top of the toes is the only spot that every once and a while rubs a bit. Love the boots though first Crispi boot and will be buying others for sure.