Crispi Wild Rock GTX Insulated Boots ***Updated 12/13/20***

Autumn

FNG
Do you have any experience with Zamberlans, and if so, how would fitment compare to the Zams?

Brett01b

FNG
Great review, thanks for making the time to follow up sir! A friend of mine claimed his ran a little small compared to his Crispi’s bit that’s one guys experience

Wondering if yall can give some input on how the Wild Rocks handle warmer climates, say 40-60 degrees? Wondering if the WR are strictly cold/snow and if I'll boil in these during October.

OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wondering if yall can give some input on how the Wild Rocks handle warmer climates, say 40-60 degrees? Wondering if the WR are strictly cold/snow and if I'll boil in these during October.
I’ve used them in the spring in temps like that and never got uncomfortable as far as temp.

I’ve used them in the spring in temps like that and never got uncomfortable as far as temp.
Thanks for the input man! Yeah, I'm debating between the insulated Guides or Wild Rocks and just haven't seen enough about the Wild Rocks. Any experience with the Guides?

Almost a year old thread. Bump for additional comments or thoughts on the Crispi Wild Rock GTX (400) and GTX Plus (800) boots.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Had over 35 whitetail hunts on them this year and they're hands down the best boots I've ever owned. The 800s kept me warm on stand down to about 30. Threw a pair of sheepfeets in them I love them so much. 20220330_110750 (1).jpg

I have had a pair for a couple years now. They are holding up nicely, keep my feet warm/dry, overall they are a great boot. My toes get cold really easy, so I went with the plus model. When I am not moving (treestand/glassing) my toes will get cold after a couple of hours if its below 30, so I have to pop hand warmers in them.

WyoArk

FNG
Older thread, but was hoping someone could help me out. I am looking hard at these boots for backcountry backpacking/predator hunting late season Wyoming. I have the crispi Nevada and the crispi Wyoming. The Nevada is hands down my favorite boot of all time for 3 season use.

I will be doing longer than normal sits “90 minutes to 120mins”. I will also be covering serious miles in snow. Temps here will normally dip from -10 to -25 range. I plan to hunt some lower elevations, but I wouldn’t rule out some steep canyons. Was thinking about pairing this boot with an arctic shield or something similar when sitting.

Should I go this route, or would I be better off with a pac boot? I have looked at the schnee’s extreme and the Hoffman’s. Only pac boots I ever owned were sorrels. Nice to pull out the liners, but they suck with a pack on a side hill.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

WyoKid

WKR
A good pack boot is not like Sorrels. Look at Hoffman's pack boots or Schnee's. I have Hoffman's and while I wouldn't want to climb rocks with it, when it is below zero temps and the snow is deep, it does reasonably well on side hilling. I also use mine for ice fishing.

Last edited:

WyoArk

FNG
A good pack boot is not like Sorrels. Looka at Hoffman's pack boots or Schnee's. I have Hoffman's and while I wouldn't want to climb rocks with it, when it is below zero temps and the snow is deep, it does reasonably well on side hilling. I also use mine for ice fishing.
I decided to go with the Hoffman’s. I got an extra set of the felt/wool liners. I also picked up a pair of gray wolf woolens boot blankets. 90 minutes stands predator hunting in Wyoming winter are no joke. I think I made the right choice!

WyoKid

WKR
I decided to go with the Hoffman’s. I got an extra set of the felt/wool liners. I also picked up a pair of gray wolf woolens boot blankets. 90 minutes stands predator hunting in Wyoming winter are no joke. I think I made the right choice!
Yep, use mine when calling yotes as well. I will have to check out gray wolf woolens. Sometimes, I put a hand warmer inside my boots on top of my foot. Not great for long
walks but works well when just sitting.

Last edited: