Crispi Wyoming II, Crispi Thor II, or Zamberlan Lynx ?

Jaeger62

FNG
So I know that boots are completely subjective, but trying to get some feedback on a few that I've narrowed my search down to. Unfortunately there's just nowhere near here to try these on that I can find.

Looking at the Zamberlan Lynx, the Crispi Wyoming, or the Crispi Thor. Hoping to find something with solid ankle support. The Crispi Wyoming has their ABSS ankle support system, so I imagine that's going to be solid support with a full pack. Any of y'all running the Lynx or the Crispi Thors?

Are the Meindls worth checking out as well?

Comment

Last edited:

jwl76

FNG
This will be my 3rd season in Thor. I utilize them for DIY Archery Elk back pack hunting in West Elk Wilderness for multi-day hunts. Pack weight going in has been between 50-60lbs depending upon how many days food I have with me. They have worked exactly as I've needed them to. I'm a flat lander so a stiff boot was new to me. I tried the Crispi Colorado which is stiffer then Thor prior to buying Thor as I was very concerned with ankle stability in mountains. The Colorado toe box was just too tight for me and from recommendations on this site I tried Thor GTX instead and they have just enough room and are still very supportive. I also like how light weight they are. I have no experience with the other boots you listed.

Jimss

WKR
I have Wyo’s and Thor 11. I have used the Wyo’s hard this year and they’ve held up extremely well. The only downside is their weight. I just bought Thors and think I’ll like them better than the Wyo’s. The Thors are a chunk lighter weight.

This will be my 3rd season in Thor. I utilize them for DIY Archery Elk back pack hunting in West Elk Wilderness for multi-day hunts. Pack weight going in has been between 50-60lbs depending upon how many days food I have with me. They have worked exactly as I've needed them to. I'm a flat lander so a stiff boot was new to me. I tried the Crispi Colorado which is stiffer then Thor prior to buying Thor as I was very concerned with ankle stability in mountains. The Colorado toe box was just too tight for me and from recommendations on this site I tried Thor GTX instead and they have just enough room and are still very supportive. I also like how light weight they are. I have no experience with the other boots you listed.
That's odd....I just invested in Colorado's on close out. All that I've watched and learned, per Crispi....is the Thor II is more snug and tighter in the toe than most other boots...including the Colorado.

The Wyoming is reported to have the most toe box room of the line.