Crispi Wyoming pinching the top of my foot. Lacing technique issue?

Hello Folks,

I snapped up a pair of Wyomings for $200 a month or so ago. I have been wearing them for work to break them in. They actually don't seem to need a break-in, being mostly comfortable out of the box.

The one problem I have is that they tend to pinch the top of my feet when I flex them (climbing a hill for example). They pinch the tops of my feet about 4" up from my toes where they "fold" when I flex them. I don't have thick feet and haven't had this issue with any boots every. Thicker socks help but not completely. Wondering if this is something that will stop after wearing them for awhile. Also wondering if there are lacing techniques that will minimize this issue. I ask that because I read a review where the reviewer said he hated the boots and then learned how to lace them properly...but he left out what lacing them properly actually meant.

Any advice on these? Love the boots but no way I could wear them if they continue to pinch the tops of my feet.

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the Idaho(same boot as Wyoming just taller) on at the Harrisburg exo a month back and boot felt very comfortable at first. I was going to purchase them until I squatted down and it pinched my foot. I looked over the boot and couldn't figure out how to prevent it every time you bent your foot. Ended up with the dakota

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Anvil69

WKR
Mine did the same. I laced a gap into the area and it fixed it. I’ll get a picture when I get home. Love mine now.

OP
Mike Islander
Mine did the same. I laced a gap into the area and it fixed it. I’ll get a picture when I get home. Love mine now.

That is awesome! I love these boots, and on our local flat ground (sea islands) they are fantastic. Knowing we can fix this issue is priceless. Many thanks.
- M

Anvil69

WKR
That fixed the pinching for me. Lots of Texas hill country miles and 2 trips to New Mexico mountains.

OP
Mike Islander
Just called Crispi. They think my boots are a half size too large. Just ordered a pair of 9.5s to try. Another member here may soon get the ones I have at a nice low price. :)