Crispi Wyoming-warm enough for first rifle?

I'm looking to replace my Danner pronghorns which have been a disappointment and was looking at the Crispi Wyoming, which is uninsulated.

I will be hunting the first rifle season in Colorado which could bring an apparently huge range of weather. We will be in the mountains and will be moving quite a bit. I just wanted to see if a boot like that will be adequate for sitting in 30 degree temps for a while?

I would think I could put on a heavy pair of socks and stay comfortable. Your thoughts?

EasilyExcited

Lil-Rokslider
should be plenty warm. they do have a fairly large toe box. i had a tough time getting them to fit well

sveltri

WKR
I wore the Wyoming's all winter snowshoeing, my feet never got cold. I would say I was moving more and faster than I would be hunting though.

I have a set of Idahos I used last season. Same boot in high top. I would say you are going to be fine down to 30-40 if you move. Siting for a while may get cold at lower temps.

I had a bit of an issue when I tried to buy a second set. Sizing was off. Either the boots or the box was mislabeled or they are much narrower than the first pair I bought a year ago. Make sure you try them on and walk them around in your house before you commit to them. My first pair are great but the second pair were way more narrow and hurt my feet after a couple of minutes just standing in my garage.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
Unless I plan on just sitting, no hiking at all, I always wear uninsulated boots - for all hunts in Colorado. I hunt from Turkey (May), Archery (Aug/Sept), 2nd season (October) and all the way through 3rd Season (November) in the same uninsulated boot. The key for my feet is a good pair of wool liners and a good pair of wool socks and having the boots well broken in. I also always wear gaiters as well because oftentimes, cold feet are because they're wet. But, everyone's feet are different.

Video on Importance of Sock Liners
Video on Importance of Gaiters

Good luck!

Mark86

Lil-Rokslider
The last couple seasons I've used the Crispi Idaho GTX which is similar to the Wyoming. It's not insulated but I'm comfortable into 4th season, I just use heavier socks as the seasons get colder. I move around a lot though I'm not sure how warm my feet would be if I was immobile for hours on end

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've always used some Arctic Shield boot blankets if I'm going to be sitting for a while. Insulated boots make my feet sweat...which means cold feet. Those boot blankets are lifesavers. Drop a hand warmer in them, roll them up, warm already when you stop. Slip them on as soon as you stop and they are great. Extends the use of your boots for sure.