Crispi Wyoming

Gapmaster

WKR
Purchased a pair of these a few months back, I'm starting to get my legs ready for a Sept hunt and I've been wearing these boots hiking every chance I get. The last few trips I started getting a hot spot on the back of my left heel after about 4 miles. I've got a set of insoles coming to replace the factory insoles. I'm hoping this will help with the slip. I've laced them every which way and nothing seems to help. Any one have a suggestion? I like the feel of the boot but this is a serious problem for a backpack hunt. just wear them until the callous builds up? I wear boots all day so my feet are used to the wear and tear.

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
Leukotape will save you from getting blisters and will sometimes last a week or more. Just tape up your heels with a small 3” piece in the parking lot and take some extra in your pack

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
I'll have to try the tape, my feet sweat something fierce as it is. i bought some really good wool socks and just cant wear them.

Leukotape is fantastic.

Also used tincture of benzoin pre season to help toughen up soft spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
So I got a pair of Superfeet Trailblazer insoles yesterday and hiked 4 miles today. No hotspots and my feet felt so much better. Gonna try the liner socks as well for the sweat aspect. Thanks for the opinions!!

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
This combo still working? How thick are these insoles compared to the thick SOLE insoles?
I have a pair of Wyoming and they are tearing my heels up.

Leukotape is fantastic.

Also used tincture of benzoin pre season to help toughen up soft spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also use the benzoin to wipe the area before you apply the the leukotape. It's damn near permanent at that point.

Jkuhn22

FNG
I love leukotape, but be careful removing it. It will stay put on you feet for an entire week of an elk hunt. I made the mistake of taking off the tape one evening after a hunt and the tape pulled off the skin on the balls of my feet! Cut my hunt short by a day due to raw feet. If you are going to retape, I would do it in the mornings after the skin on your feet has tightened back up. But it works wonders.

Birddog1

FNG
New to Crispi boots and joined Rokslide because of all the good info. I bought both the Wyoming and Idaho when Camofire had them on sale last week. The Wyoming’s gave me a hotspot on my right heel but no problems at all with the Idaho so the Wyoming were returned. I wore both with a Spenco Total Support

Jimss

WKR
I wonder if you should have bought a size or 1/2 size smaller? Possibly higher volume insoles will help. I often wear thinner socks when it's hot that have padding in the bottoms and elsewhere. Therlos and smartwool work well for me.

Birddog1

FNG
Actually had to go up a 1/2 size, I wear 12 in everything else. I have one store locally that carries Crispi and every 12 I tried was snug with a light or medium Darn Tough.

Trial153

WKR
I went with a 10 regular, my normal size. They fit well, no hot spots or rubbing. Good stability for the size. That said they weren't a comfortable boot for me. Tried them on three long hikes and thought I could live with them. Use them for the first 4 days of elk hunt and I was happy to have another set of boots at the truck to switch into changing spots. Tried them again for another short hunt and same thing, sore feet. Switched to another insole, same deal.
Dispite what seemed like good fit, they weren't for me.

Birddog1

FNG
Prior to getting the boots I expected the Wyoming and Idaho to fit the same with the only exception being the height of the boot. Even though I ordered both boots the same day, but a few hours apart, I got the Wyoming a few days before the Idaho so I was able to give them a fair shake. They were comfortable at first but then the hot spot developed. But the Idaho just felt perfect with no issues at all. As mentioned I wore the same Spenco insole and also same socks. I’ve got a pair of Crispi insulated Guides coming as well, I’m hoping they fit like the Idaho.

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
So I’ve put about 40-50 miles on my Wyomings now. Since I changed insoles, I haven’t had a single issue. I’m not a huge fan of the laces. They seem to give some after lacing up, but other than that I love them.

They feel better every time I put them on. The insole I put in has a high cup on the heel and it seems to get my foot away from that pesky seem. Ready for some real work. Headed to Alaska in two weeks. Will see how they do.