Crispi's Valdres Re-sole

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have had a pair of Crispi's Valdres for the past couple years and pretty much wore through them. Kendall at Crispi asked me if I would like to do a boot review on a re-sole project.IMG_3223 (1).jpeg
IMG_3219.jpeg
I filled out the boot repair card and sent them in . I received them back in just under a month and its obvious the entire sole was replaced.
IMG-4429 (1).jpgIMG-4418.jpgIMG-4428.jpg
I look forward to seeing how they hold up. I wore them earlier today on a hike in some rocky terrain and it was obvious that the grip helped out quite a bit compared to what they recently were. The soles seem to be well replaced everything seems really solid. Ill update this as I use them.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh good to hear, I did not know or just forgot, you could resole a Crispi
Is that a Gore-Tex boots? Let us know if it affected the waterproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehawk

WKR
What's it cost for an average joe and where do they get shipped off to?
They get shipped to Gary's Shoe Store in Richfield Utah. Gary's grandson Chris is the one who does the warranty work and sole replacements. They are terrific people, down to earth, and have been "doing shoes" for many many years.

ktowncamo

WKR
What's it cost for an average joe and where do they get shipped off to?
It's generally $85-$100 depending on the size of the boot and the sole. Most of the Crispi models can be resoled. As you can see in the images from Jim, the sole and the mid-sole are both replaced which is not as common as most cobblers who will cut off the sole and replace just the sole portion. Hope that helps.

feanor

WKR
That’s awesome to see they do that. I like that they give work to a shop that’s been doing it for a while. Thanks for the info!

any updates? when you had the resoled, were they still waterproof? that boots has some serious wear, wondering if they still kept your feet dry

OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quick update I used these quite a bit including on a couple late November and December hunts. I put these through a lot and they held up great I forgot how much traction these things have. Stayed 100 percent water proof and held up to extreme country with heavy loads. The resole is basically starting with a new boot as far a the outsole is concerned.

Quick update I used these quite a bit including on a couple late November and December hunts. I put these through a lot and they held up great I forgot how much traction these things have. Stayed 100 percent water proof and held up to extreme country with heavy loads. The resole is basically starting with a new boot as far a the outsole is concerned.
thanks for the update! good to know, and a testament to those boots.

Fire3023

FNG
That’s great news as I was just looking at buying some and this may be the swinging vote.

ChiefO

FNG
That's great news for me as a new Crispi owner. So far I love mine. Still have a lot of miles to put on to validate the opinion but so far I see them being a solid piece of kit for traversing rough terrain.

DRUSS

WKR
I just replaced my old valdres with a new pair. I have been surprised I don't hear of more people using this model? I really appreciate mine!