Cristensen Arms Mes 6.5 PRC Failure To Eject

I bought a CA Mesa at the beginning of the year. I finally had a chance to get it to the range last weekend. It will partially extract the brass, but won't always eject it.

It was very accurate with 147 ELD ammo. That's a 1 inch dot.

I called CA. They told me that they had a bad batch of springs. They offered to send me the parts and let me replace them myself or to send a return authorization. I am not too handy, so I asked for the RA. That was Monday. We'll see how it goes from here.

JakeSCH

WKR
Interesting. My new 300 WM does the same, I just have to open it "fast" to get it to come out...sounds like I need to give them a call.

Funny enough my 6.5 PRC is to strong and leaves a swipe mark on the cases when I close the bolt.

OP
Fartrell Cluggins
They sent the return authorization right away. It went to my spam box. I shipped it out. It is scheduled to arrive at CA Monday. So far they have been very responsive and helpful.

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same situation with my Fierce Carbon Edge n 6.5 PRC after only 20 rounds through it, the spring on the ejector was getting hung up and was dropping the spent brass on top of the mag. Sent in my bolt and they fixed it and had it back to me within 2 weeks. Not ideal for what we spend on these new guns. Fierce said they had this happen with a handful of other guns, seems to be a select spring issue and sounds like it's similar with CA, which could make sense since they probably source parts from similar vendors.

Good luck with yours and hope it works out!