cristi boots toe box a little big?

been reading and scouring the internet about crispi boots. I had the chance to try on a pair of Idaho's and they felt good, but the toe box seemed very roomy for my foot. maybe I should have tried a size smaller but they didn't have one available. ive been wearing kenetreks for a few years. has anyone else noticed this? or do the just run a tad bigger?

Dobermann

WKR
I've also heard people say that the toe boxes on Crispis run bigger than usual ... but this wasn't my experience with my Idahos. I have only a slightly wide foot. Sometimes run to a wide fit, sometimes not, depending on the maker. I got the usual size Idahos for my feet, and found the toebox to be too narrow. They'll be okay for short hikes/hunts, but definitely not for multi-day foot-flatteners ...

I ended up ordering a second pair in the wide fitting as well. Just my experience though!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Nevadas gave me plenty of room but not noticeably large. Never had an issue in this area and no black nails👍

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a pair of Guide GTX's and I have noticed he same thing, not crazy on the fit of them to this point, their also the first "normal width" boot that I have owned that feel a shade wide. Maybe its just me though.

warrior80

WKR
The Idaho's definitely run roomier in the toe box then some, but not overly wide to me. I have maybe a little bit wider forefoot and I actually went with 11.5W over my usual 11.5 after trying them both on. For reference I wear 11.5 in Lowa Tibets (not wides), Salomons, and most others. I hope I made the right choice. I'll find out soon as I'm taking them in the hills for the first time tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

blackovis

Lil-Rokslider
The toe box is a bit more roomy than other European boots. They are built on an American style last and thus tend to fit our wider forefeet better in general.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk