• The forum is under construction. Thanks for your patience

Critique My Loadout?

5 shot group

That's a good weight for your weapon system. I am just over 8# with a stock Rem 700 30-06, Talley rings and a 15 year old Simmons scope.

On the food thing, some people are able to get down to the low 1# a day, but they are also eating the same thing everyday and are usually bland foods (couscous and jerky for example) but it's all really personal. Myself, I am around 1 3/4 - 2# a day, but I am still refining that aspect and it is always changing.

ssssnake529

A few things I didn't see on your list that are worth taking:

Sunscreen
Sunglasses
Windicator

Colorado is a hunter orange state. You will need an orange hat and vest.

Chlorine dioxide tablets weigh next to nothing. A good back-up to the water filter (which can clog and/or freeze.)

Ear plugs will save your hearing.

If you have wind (pretty common in the Colorado high country) your tiny stove won't work very well. A windscreen weighs little and will save fuel and time.

OP
OP
K

KitShickers

A few things I didn't see on your list that are worth taking:

Sunscreen
Sunglasses
Windicator

Colorado is a hunter orange state. You will need an orange hat and vest.

Chlorine dioxide tablets weigh next to nothing. A good back-up to the water filter (which can clog and/or freeze.)

Ear plugs will save your hearing.

If you have wind (pretty common in the Colorado high country) your tiny stove won't work very well. A windscreen weighs little and will save fuel and time.
Good call on all those. The windicator is actually added into the weight of the bino harness. I keep chlorine tabs in my first aid, but it isn't listed.
Can you recommend a ultralight orange vest?

Gatorgrizz27

List looks spot on to me, basically what I carried for September in CO, but you have an extra layer top and bottom, which you’ll likely need.

I used the BRS stove and it did fine, for an orange vest I used a mesh one that weighs 2.5 oz.