Crocs?

Okay, what is the deal here? I see Aron won't hit the bush without them as do many others. Is it to let your feet rest, your feet cool or dry off, or is it to let your boots dry out? Personally, I think they are uglier than the back side of my nuts. But being a bit utilitarian, I can see them being an asset.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I prefer either a pair of lightweight slippers as camp shoes or lightweight running shoes. I prefer shoes over crocs due to river crossings. You can snug 'em up really well rocks are less of a factor between your foot and the insole and they are a bit easier to walk in. Plus crocs weigh roughly 40% more than my running shoes I picked up recently.

Last edited:

littlebuf

Banned
they go on pretty fast for those middle of the night bathroom trips.and there super light.get them on sale though,there not worth 40 bucks.last pair i got were on sale for 19.99

I prefer either a pair of lightweight slippers as camp shoes or lightweight running shoes. I prefer shoes over crocs due to river crossings. You can snug 'em up really well rocks are less of a factor between your foot and the insole and they are a bit easier to walk in. Plus crocs weigh roughly 40% more than my running shoes I picked up recently.

what shoe did you buy that's 40% lighter then crocs ...and after your first river crossing do they gain weight?

Lawnboi

WKR
what shoe did you buy that's 40% lighter then crocs ...and after your first river crossing do they gain weight?

There are ALOT of ultra light trail running shoes out there. I was actually considering taking my brooks pure grits for camp shoes, but i dont think i would use em much. There the lightest pair of shoes iv ever owned by far, and they drain water extremely fast! Theyv got some good bite as well. And even they are not considered too Light as far as minimalist running shoes go. According to the website they run 8.9oz, and i wouldnt take the insoles so that would cut a few.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep, drain fast and don't retain water. Mine are 8.3 oz total (size 10) compared to my crocs at 12 oz, and more comfy to wear in camp and fit tighter and more secure for river crossings than crocs too. I think Becca's are like 6 oz total, but she has miny feet at size 6 women's which is like size 4 in mens. :D

hunting1

WKR
Crocs are ugly as hell, but they are great for around camp and like said the middle of the night duty. I won't give mine up, just don't wear them around town is all. The 5 fingers hurt my toes, but my wife has 2-pairs. Both are ugly!

slim9300

WKR
I have not weighed mine, but they cannot be more than 4-oz, they are light and comfy! I have the off road and it is nice, but the first ones work too, but are a stiffer rubber and not as comftorble IMHO!

Can you weigh one? I'm curious.

Also, can you guys post up a link of your favorite non-croc light weight shoes? Preferably the ones that will save me some weight. I am not interested in the 5 fingers style. They creep me out. =)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Can you weigh one? I'm curious.

Also, can you guys post up a link of your favorite non-croc light weight shoes? Preferably the ones that will save me some weight. I am not interested in the 5 fingers style. They creep me out. =)

I hear ya, 5 fingers are just a bit too weird for me. Some really like them, but my toes run in a pack mentality so I stick with the standard shoe style for my lightweight camp/river crossing shoes and plus they are lighter that 5 fingers anyways.