CROP DATA now available in onX Hunt

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
We're excited to announce the release of our latest set of layers; Crop Data. Agricultural crops provide valuable, diverse, and widespread food sources for a wide variety of huntable species, including whitetail deer, waterfowl, pheasant, turkey, elk, and antelope. You can find 19 different color-coded crop types that were present on the ground the previous growing season.

For more information check out this link HERE

Carousel 1_1080x10801 Crop Data.jpegCarousel 1_1080x10805 Click Through.png

JRMiller

WKR
Interesting but its based on previous years crop, there's no guarantee it will be the same following year.

Laramie

WKR
Interesting but its based on previous years crop, there's no guarantee it will be the same following year.
Some crops are fairly reliable, like alfalfa, but I do agree with you. It's unlikely in some areas to see the same field planted in the same crop as many farmers rotate.

Some crops are fairly reliable, like alfalfa, but I do agree with you. It's unlikely in some areas to see the same field planted in the same crop as many farmers rotate.
I’m actually impressed it’s as close as it is. I’d say it’s about 40% right, when comparing OnX to what I planted and harvested. Example it caught most my alfalfa, and about a 1/3 of my corn circles. I over seed with barely or wheat so very little was picked up on it.

interesting overlay

I love you app. I was telling my wife about it yesterday and how awesome it is. (She didn’t care)
But there is one thing that drives me nuts, for the love of god can you add a feature to adjust the transparency of the layers?
So I can see public land or burn zone areas and still see what is under neath?

Awesome addition as I also use OnX on the farm for property boundaries and land ownership. I’ve think you guys need to sponsor me with all the memberships I sell for you to all the farmers. Any idea when you’ll have the 2021 data updated?

You saying that highlights it or are you just using the aerial to determine that?

In my area it can be hard to tell from pictures the height of what is planted. Might be 2 foot, might be 6 foot.
Just use Ariel. Crops always have pattern, CRP won’t.

Awesome addition as I also use OnX on the farm for property boundaries and land ownership. I’ve think you guys need to sponsor me with all the memberships I sell for you to all the farmers. Any idea when you’ll have the 2021 data updated?
I wish they had a color code feature so that I could type in my name and it color coded all my property or brothers, moms etc. kind of like it does for public