CROP DATA now available in onX Hunt

I guess I don’t under stand. CRP is CRP. It’s only short when it’s been bailed or grazed. A whole section is pretty easy to differentiate in ag land.

Well for us crp goes mainly untouched. It's not grazed, definitely not bailed. Same as stockpiled forage depending on when the picture is taken.

When you look at aerial pictures the crop fields are obvious. Get into hay fields and it's hard to determine exactly what it is, however since onx basically operates on gis systems I thought maybe they would have an overlay that highlighted areas that nrcs had in the crp program.

Well for us crp goes mainly untouched. It's not grazed, definitely not bailed. Same as stockpiled forage depending on when the picture is taken.

When you look at aerial pictures the crop fields are obvious. Get into hay fields and it's hard to determine exactly what it is, however since onx basically operates on gis systems I thought maybe they would have an overlay that highlighted areas that nrcs had in the crp program.
CRP as to be taken out essentially one out of every 8-10 years, it can be grazed or hayed that year.

Let me see if I can get a screenshot uploaded

Now it has me wondering if it can tell the difference between a field of sudex and corn. Be pretty cool if it can, but I don't know.

Big difference in forage value, especially in October/November for us, since the sudex will be gone by then.

It doesnt technically come out but you don't get paid that year, you are allowed to hay or graze it for same revenue you would of gotten if that makes sense.

Kind of.

I have sections to renew this year. Far as I know I won't miss payment. I have some that I'm thinking of pulling out to put in a pond.

I was trying to figure out how to get a screenshot of everything we have here but it's just plain confusing.