Cross shopping Lowa Tibet with ????

HI All!

I'm looking to replace my well-worn and well-loved Lowa Tibets soon. I love the stiffness and the fit "boot last" of the Tibet, but want to make sure I look at all other options that are similar.

Have any of you gone from Tibet to something similar that was equal or better than the Tibet? Gone from something else to Tibet and found Tibet to be superior?

I'm very curious about the schnee beartooth and the various kennetreks, for example.

^^^Following, I'm in the same boat.
Loved my Tibet's, not wore out yet. But know its coming What I like about them is the toe box fits my wide foot, love the stiffness for packing and solid ankle support.
Same as you I'm curious what other options Roksliders would recommend or should I go back to the tried and true Tibet's again.

I wore out 2 pairs of Tibets and then went to Hanwag. I have several different models of their boots and feel that the Yukon and Alaska GTX are both superior for my feet than the Tibets were. The Tibet sole lasted a little longer but the Hanwag vibram soles still are very durable but they seem to grip wet rock and surfaces much better than the Tibet soles ever did which for me makes them a game changer.

OP
shoeshineman
The Beartooth is the best and most comfortable boot I have ever worn. In fact, I have thought about buying a pair to wear in everyday boot situations. My feet love them (even without a custom/3rd party insole) I came out of the Lowa Tibet for the Beartooth. The Lowa is stiffer. The Beartoth has a slightly thinner nylon last. I am only 165 pounds so they are still stiff for me. The Beartooth is still a stiff boot but fits my needs for the high country better. I am hunting Deer and Elk with flat and steep terrain. I am not in the nasty/shell sheep country.

The Schnees Granite is more like the Tibet or HanWag. Extremely stiff. I liked the Tibet but the comfort level doesn't come close to the Beartooth (for me) not even the same sport.

The fit is very true. I wear same size as i do every other shoe/boot. Keep in mind, I have the uninsulated model and don't wear them past Nov. I wear an insulated pac boot when stand hunting whitetails. If you need insulation (thick socks) you might size up .5 size.

Quality: Second to none. They are an Italian made with eVent. Best out there IMHO

I love them

I found this comment in a 2015 thread.
@Jeff Martin

I'm going to look at Hanwag Yukon and Schee Beartooth now.