CROSSFIRE II 4-12X40 - Anyone used this?

bharv2221

FNG
I'm looking for a decent quality scope for a hunting rifle. I know people can get in the weeds about this topic but I'm not trying to break the bank. I only rifle hunt 10-15 days a year. My shots are usually within 100 yards as it is.

You should first decide if you want a scope that reliably sends the bullet to your point of aim.

Fordguy

WKR
I've had a few crossfire scopes, they weren't great, but I never had a problem with them losing zero. They didn't (don't) see a lot of use, but one of them traveled a few thousand miles as a loaner on an antelope hunt and was fine.
I used a strike eagle 1-6 for 5 years on a heavy (by most peoples standards) recoiling rifle and logged more than 10k miles without losing zero.

Jbxl20

WKR
I have crossfire II 3-9x40 on a .243. I’ve been shooting a few boxes through it lately getting it ready for rifle season and Haven’t had any issues with it. It was in the mid 20’s the past two
Mornings in PA and the scope didn’t have any fogging.

rcook10

WKR
Had a few 3-9 crossfires that did not hold up to truck abuse on rimfires and a grendel, the minute i got replacements I sold them cheap and move on. This year had a friend with a 4-12 crap out on him on an antelope hunt. Ended up with a gut shot goat and a full day trying to recover it including him having to phone a friend for more ammo and to have that friend shoot to verify it wasn't just him having a bad day. Keep in mind this is a person I have shot with repeatedly who I know shoots well and the rifle he shot is a known entity that typically shoots very well. YMMV but it's not worth it to buy cheap/unreliable glass IMO.