Crow Tribe poaching vs Wyoming

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow this will have lasting impacts especially states like Washington. Be sickening to see how they push the limits now with this ruling.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Rmauch20

WKR
What a bunch of shit. Those poor poor Indians . They have it so rough. I guess they will just have to go back to their government subsidize land and live in their government subsidize houses and those poor poor people will just have to go shoot elk, because the government subsidize food program just doesn’t provide enough. Meanwhile the only thing they take is the back straps and head.

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Is it going to be no limits, no closed season? Read an article on FNC but no details.

Rmauch20

WKR
It sounds like Wyoming might be able to enforce laws for the sake of conservation. If they choose to do that.

420 U. S., at 207. The appellate court did not reach this
issue. No. 2016–242, App. to Pet. for Cert. 14, n. 3. On
remand, the State may press its arguments as to why the
application of state conservation regulations to Crow Tribe
members exercising the 1868 Treaty right is necessary for
conservation. We do not pass on the viability of those
arguments today.

If Wyoming attempts to do that I’m sure that’ll also be challenged and it will return to the Supreme Court. In the meantime the way I understand it is they have free reign. No tags needed, no season dates needed.

CorbLand

WKR
This is going to be interesting...and a complete cluster ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rmauch20

WKR
There are some places in the US with ceded land that are already like that. Also the state's wanton waste laws don't apply, they internally police the matter.

Lol I bet they lay the hammer down. That is if they haven’t already wiped everything out.

Beendare

WKR
One part of me says a treaty is a treaty- abide by it. The other side says look how badly they have managed their own land... and then other chunks managed to max trophy value for high dollar non natives. Sell your big bulls to outsiders and restrict your own people from hunting. Seems like a contradiction that im shre the Supreme court didnt factor in,eh?

Wonder if Yellowstone's included in any of the treaties
Thats^ what i was thinking. Can you imagine a bus load of indians -err... native Americans killing everything that moves in YNP in front of a big nch of tourists?

Many implications but Probably some blowback on hunters in general....

manitou1

WKR
Probably going go that way for fishing too.
I used to upland hunt on tribal land in another state. The lodge had many, many magnificint big game trophies hanging on it's walls, but we seldom saw big game, much less trophy quality animals.
One of the locals told me that they were killed at night with lights, and many went to waste.
Don't know how accurate that was, but he was a local who lived on the rez.