Crow Tribe poaching vs Wyoming

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
The wanton waste issue could be the "Cecil" moment for the tribes when they catch the national outrage of the week but it has to be exposed in the popular media. The Supreme Court cannot protect the tribe from Twitter.

Last edited:
There are some places in the US with ceded land that are already like that. Also the state's wanton waste laws don't apply, they internally police the matter.
Wanton waste laws don't apply? That seems so illogical it is baffling.. What happened to using every part of the buffalo?...
If you cant enforce the seasons and regions at least keep the ethics in place....

Trr15

WKR
What a bunch of shit. Those poor poor Indians . They have it so rough. I guess they will just have to go back to their government subsidize land and live in their government subsidize houses and those poor poor people will just have to go shoot elk, because the government subsidize food program just doesn’t provide enough. Meanwhile the only thing they take is the back straps and head.

Not a fan of the Supreme Court decision, but looking at history, the native Americans have been dealt an extraordinarily shitty hand by the US government and they currently do have it pretty rough compared to middle-class America. Federal subsidies don’t exactly provide for a high standard of living. I know it was before all of our lifetimes, but historically speaking, they just recently got screwed over in a major way. No excuse for wanton waste, etc, but let’s keep a little perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I'm reading this right the crow now have a unlimited tag with no season on Wyoming public lands. In what universe does this sound like a good idea

Trr15

WKR
So if I'm reading this right the crow now have a unlimited tag with no season on Wyoming public lands. In what universe does this sound like a good idea

That’s what it sounds like to me too. Not good at all.

Rmauch20

WKR
@Trr15 It was a war of cultures . There had to be a winner and a loser.
If they don’t like living off government subsidies (housing and land) then don’t. No one is forcing them to live on the rez. A lot choose to live in a culture of victim hood. This applies to many in today’s society.
Yeah some bad shit happened. Both sides committed some pretty heinous acts. It was a hard time to be alive and required even harder people. You can piss and moan about stuff that happened before most if not all of us were alive or you look around and realize your current situation sucks and move to improve it.

Back on topic. This is a huge crap sandwich, hopefully Wyoming can still find a way to enforce their game laws. If not, watch out it’s going to crazy

S.Clancy

WKR
I'm curious how this plays out. My hunch is it will have a much smaller effect than feared for most species. Moose and bighorn sheep may be a different story tho.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wanton waste laws don't apply? That seems so illogical it is baffling.. What happened to using every part of the buffalo?...
If you cant enforce the seasons and regions at least keep the ethics in place....

Nope, our laws don’t apply to those ceded areas. They set their own rules on what is considered waste and what punishment (if any) results from violating the Rez rules off on public land. Human nature being what it is bet you can guess how well that goes in some cases.

Trr15

WKR
@Trr15 It was a war of cultures . There had to be a winner and a loser.
If they don’t like living off government subsidies (housing and land) then don’t. No one is forcing them to live on the rez. A lot choose to live in a culture of victim hood. This applies to many in today’s society.
Yeah some bad shit happened. Both sides committed some pretty heinous acts. It was a hard time to be alive and required even harder people. You can piss and moan about stuff that happened before most if not all of us were alive or you look around and realize your current situation sucks and move to improve it.

Back on topic. This is a huge crap sandwich, hopefully Wyoming can still find a way to enforce their game laws. If not, watch out it’s going to crazy

I understand that sentiment but believe that if it was truly that easy, it would happen. Yes, Some embrace victim-hood, but they are the outliers. The vast majority would create a better life if they knew how. This is true for all cultures. Not trying to derail the conversation. Carry on...

Lol elk are over populated????? Hahahaha, no their just saying that bc there is hardly any on their land. Go to kerns wildlife management area and drive North along the fence and towards the Montana line, soon as you leave the management area there is literally no animals in sight. Go onto the reservation and there is no wildlife in sight......

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rmauch20

WKR
Lol elk are over populated????? Hahahaha, no their just saying that bc there is hardly any on their land. Go to kerns wildlife management area and drive North along the fence and towards the Montana line, soon as you leave the management area there is literally no animals in sight. Go onto the reservation and there is no wildlife in sight......

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
And now that will be the game management on unoccupied land.

HookUp

WKR
Washington co-manages with the tribes. The tribe does not report fishing or hunting harvests to the state, they take over half the elk harvest and it significantly impacts the state hunts as in we have very little opportunity. The forest service and state also provides keys to gates for them.
You thought point creep was bad just wait til there is nothing to draw for.

colersu22

WKR
Washington co-manages with the tribes. The tribe does not report fishing or hunting harvests to the state, they take over half the elk harvest and it significantly impacts the state hunts as in we have very little opportunity. The forest service and state also provides keys to gates for them.
You thought point creep was bad just wait til there is nothing to draw for.

The natives in Washington pretty much have free range of whatever they want for fish and game. When I was working in Ballard they would run a net across the Ballard locks and pull multiple 55 gallon buckets full of fish and say “oh it’s ______ birthday so we are having a party” I mean do you really need that much fish? Then they sell it down there while I can’t fish lake for bass since they are arguing with the state about salmon numbers and it closes the lakes for all fishing.

I’m all for them having their own hunting and fishing seasons with whatever limit they want but keep it on their res and don’t hunt or fish public unless you follow the rules everyone else does.

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
This is bad just look what the tribes do around Yellowstone now hunting bison... image that shit show across the west

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
What areas or units in the bighorns are most likely to be affected? Sounds like its not just the bighorns that are at risk but wondering if this could affect my son and my unit 34 elk tag this year.

Nope, our laws don’t apply to those ceded areas. They set their own rules on what is considered waste and what punishment (if any) results from violating the Rez rules off on public land. Human nature being what it is bet you can guess how well that goes in some cases.
How sad... I'm at a loss for words. I hope this decision gets appealed or fought or whatever at the state level. I feel for you Wyoming. We here in Washington experience to much of the same types of activities with little result favoring wildlife. Makes me sick.