Cuban fiber and stove jack?

whitingja

WKR
I know this is been talked about a couple times, but I can't seem to find any information on it. I am wanting to get a cube fuber flourless, and want the ability to put a stove in it as well, but I've heard it's a bad idea to put the stove in a cuben fiber tent. In fact most companies will not install the stove Jack in the tents. Who has done this, and then if they had any problems with the tent melting? The tent I'm looking at is MLD Duomid, Bearpaw Luna 2. Wish seekoutside would do silvertip in Cuban fiber. Thanks.

Give Josh Leavitt (Ruta Locura) a call. He used to make a 6 person CF tipi with a stove jack and never had a problem. CF does have a lower melting point than sil, so you do have to be more careful but it can and has been done. I would think that if there was a concern, it would only be with a stove in the size of shelters that you're talking about. Those shelters may be a little on the small side for the stove/CF combo. Just Google "Cuben Lone Peak".

Attachments

• IMG_0945.jpg
    IMG_0945.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

MattB

WKR
Bearpaw's website says they won't put a stove jack in CF due to the low melting point.

OP
W

whitingja

WKR
I was wondering if my size of tent I'm wanting would be too small. I will look up Rota Locura, thanks.