Cuddelink.

Yay or nay? Any experiences here?
I am currently running a single cam at the moment as I too wanted to try it. I dont remember exactly what model I have but it runs on the D-cell battery and is on the Verizon plan. I started running it at the house for about a week before taking it to the lease (3 hrs away) just to make sure I had it se up correctly. I will say so far it was worked flawlessly. It was super simple to set up and easy to connect both in town and out in the woods. It sends the report once a day showing the status of the cam. I have not tried connecting another cam to the home cam yet but if that process is anything like the initial set up of the main cam I dont see it being an issue. I have been running cuddieback for about 6 years now but this is my first shot at the link system and I am seriously considering getting more. I cant speak to the longevity of these cams but they feel as solid as any other cuddieback I have. Obviously 6 D-cells make this camera super heavy and I think that they should redesign the strap as it feels kind of cheap. It uses basically the same set up as all of the other none link system cams. I just ended up adding a second strap around the body of the cam so that It dosen't end up on the ground. For me so far this is a con but a small one. I think we will adding a few additional cameras to this in the next few weeks.
aecb6692b7fbd27dac995ff9b1d24b0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am running the system with 6 cams out. It works as advertised but the problem is battery life. I have the 3358 battery booster on all my cams and I just had a camera hit the low battery life after only 35 days. That’s 10 D batteries all together for that camera. Batteries add up fast. Another thing I don’t like about the cameras is they are large cameras because they take D batteries and they basically require a battery booster pack which is also large in size so they stick out like a sore thumb. That’s my two major complaints on the system.

I am running the system with 6 cams out. It works as advertised but the problem is battery life. I have the 3358 battery booster on all my cams and I just had a camera hit the low battery life after only 35 days. That’s 10 D batteries all together for that camera. Batteries add up fast. Another thing I don’t like about the cameras is they are large cameras because they take D batteries and they basically require a battery booster pack which is also large in size so they stick out like a sore thumb. That’s my two major complaints on the system.
I agree with everything said here. I have not had to change batteries yet and that might cange things a bit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
Thanks guys. I was afraid battery life might be a problem. Not necessarily a deal breaker,but a consideration for sure. I'm about 3.5 hours from the targeted hunting grounds. If I keep it to a couple cameras I should be able to pull it off. Provided cell service isn't an issue.

Thanks guys. I was afraid battery life might be a problem. Not necessarily a deal breaker,but a consideration for sure. I'm about 3.5 hours from the targeted hunting grounds. If I keep it to a couple cameras I should be able to pull it off. Provided cell service isn't an issue.
If cell service isn't a problem on your property and you only plan to run a couple cameras, I would highly recommend looking into Spartan. I know if I had cell service over my entire property I would be looking into a different option. However, I only get limited service on one spot on my property so the cuddelink system is my only option if I want multiple cell cameras.