Current Lead Times Over at Kifaru?

Jauwater

WKR
Curious if anyone has ordered from Kifaru within the last month or so, and what your lead time was after ordering. I remember seeing a video Aron put out in 2020, stating they were gonna try to get their lead times down to 1 week. I'm in need of a few small accessories for a trip coming up in two weeks, reason I'm curious. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Frontiers

FNG
I had a larger order (frame, pack, guide lid and pockets), where the lead time from order to ship stated a month. They ended up shipping in about two weeks. The shipping took about a week due to shipping cross country. Honestly, I’d call Kifaru. As I’m sure you know, the company is generally known for their customer service combined with an unapologetic quality / ruggedness of equipment.

Another option is their quick ship option, which are items in stock and ready for next day or same day shipping.

Finally, you could place the order, if it arrives in time great, if not return the equipment (return shipping is on you).

OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
I had a larger order (frame, pack, guide lid and pockets), where the lead time from order to ship stated a month. They ended up shipping in about two weeks. The shipping took about a week due to shipping cross country. Honestly, I’d call Kifaru. As I’m sure you know, the company is generally known for their customer service combined with an unapologetic quality / ruggedness of equipment.

Another option is their quick ship option, which are items in stock and ready for next day or same day shipping.

Finally, you could place the order, if it arrives in time great, if not return the equipment (return shipping is on you).
Wow, two weeks for all that really ain't bad at all. Thanks for the reply.

OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
Curious why this thread would be moved from General Discussion to Backpacks?

Kifaru sells packs, shelters, sleep systems, stoves, knives, sleds, pills, backcountry apparel, pack accessories, and other logo gear.

Ten Bears

WKR
I placed an order for pack and frame last Monday. Was told 3-6 weeks but some things ship faster depending on what’s currently in production.

Last edited:
OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
Thanks guys. I may just reach out in the classifieds for a few of the items. I actually just found one item on ebay that I got for a fair price, surprisingly.

I ordered a frame, reckoning bag and grab it about a week ago, had tracking confirmation within 2 days... ordered a bunch of stuff night before last including a gun bearer and Stryker xl and got tracking yesterday already... it’s been crazy fast for me lately, but I must have got lucky and ordered things they had in stock.

even at that, it’s been impressive how fast they are moving stuff out

OP
Jauwater

Jauwater

WKR
I ordered a frame, reckoning bag and grab it about a week ago, had tracking confirmation within 2 days... ordered a bunch of stuff night before last including a gun bearer and Stryker xl and got tracking yesterday already... it’s been crazy fast for me lately, but I must have got lucky and ordered things they had in stock.

even at that, it’s been impressive how fast they are moving stuff out
Dang, makes me think I should give it a try. Definitely seems from yalls experiences that lead times have gotten better for sure.

MattB

WKR
Kifaru doesn't build to order as I understand it, so just because one item or set of items has a 2 week lead time doesn't mean other items will. I would call.

Dang, makes me think I should give it a try. Definitely seems from yalls experiences that lead times have gotten better for sure.

Yeah, if the tracking is correct, it will be in my possession in under a week from placing the order.

my last order was similar, I think I had it within a week of ordering, and that was a frame, reckoning bag and grab it.
It had been a few months since I ordered anything from them, and I knew they were trying to speed things up, but I was really surprised when I got a tracking email in a day.

the beauty of it is their quality will not change, it’s not a compromise, just a legitimate improvement.

for some reason, the companies that build high end packs are just great companies all around, products, customer service and customer support are as good as it gets... hard to not want to give all of them business (which I do, haha)

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Got my last order in less than a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brando77

FNG
I ordered my Reckoning, Duplex frame, and OGL on 3/21/21. I received my shipping notification last night on 3/30/21. My order status initially had an estimated ship date of between 5/10-18/21. To say I'm happy about getting my tracking number only 9 days after ordering is an understatement. I can't wait to load it up and go hurt myself this weekend.

SquirrelyDan

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a 44 mag , duplex light , UL pullouts, water pouch, medium pocket , and a few others plus a nalgene on the 14th. Was told it would ship in about 6-8 weeks. Got the nalgene early though 🤣

archp625

WKR
I would say this, get your order in today if you are wanting to order something from them. Now is the time people start getting items for their hunts this year.

hunterjmj

WKR
Just ordered a minikeg today and est ship date is between 5-22 and 5-29. Glad I didn't wait till mid summer to order. Been eyeballing this pack for months so I'm looking forward to having it in my hands.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
When I ordered my last frame it gave me an estimated ship date about a month or two out. The frame shipped within 2 weeks.

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a sawtooth and had in about a week. Was really impressed with that. Ordered some replacement buckles for a pack and been waiting a month. Must just depend what they have on hand.