Currently what is your favorite turkey reed call?

Wassid82

WKR
interested in finding out peoples' favorite reed calls. I seem to try different calls over the year and looking to try another. thanks in advance.

xcutter

WKR
I bought a couple of the Pinhoti Project mouth calls last year. I really like them. Seem to be really good quality. Dave Owens has a really good Youtube channel as well.

dtrkyman

WKR
A friend of mine builds mouth calls for the industry, he makes all of mine. I like combo cuts mostly but a ghost and a really lightly stretched split v for soft talk.

Commercial calls I have liked in the past were Woodhaven and Quaker Boy, do not see Quaker Bot too much anymore.

After playing with calls at my friends shop it amazes me the difference in materials and the amount of stretch and even the color of reed in a call that really changes things, some I can not use at all others are amazing, fun to play with!

I had bought a Primos Ghost cut on closeout once the black and blue one, thing was fantastic, have not had another one like it since, even trying to build one, lost it one morning and have built dozens and none are as good as that one, weird!

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I usually get a new Woodhaven red wasp and a couple other calls to try out each year. I always seem to go back to the red wasp. I can get a lot of different tones out of it. I'll keep trying new calls though, I don't like to use the same call in the same area very often.

I loved the Primos ghost cut described above, had bought a couple on clearance and just used up my last one last season.

Holocene

WKR
Hook's Executioner. I found it easiest to make super loud cutts on this call, which is a style I like. Harder to talk soft on this call so might look at some of the Houndstooth calls this year since a close buddy likes them.

Zdub02

WKR
I've been using mainly zink calls in a variety of cuts but have a few primos in the vest that will get used this year as well. I just cycle through them till the gobbler tells me which one he likes best.

I gravitate toward a batwing cut the most now that I really think about it

I’m A huge dave owens and sink guy. I bought some of Phelps new calls and that’s what I’ll be using from here in out.

Woodhaven Red Wasp and Tom Teasers Butt Naked Hen are my two go-to calls.

Been thinking I should try some of the Houndstooth diaphragms. I bought one of their friction calls a few years ago and love it. Glad to hear guys like their diaphragms..

bradb

WKR
Hooks, I like the smaller tape. Yes I can cut others down. Heck I throw a handful of different Hooks cuts in my pocket and switch regularly if no response or hung up. Also flip call both ways in my mouth for much different pitch. Couldn't tell you which cut I like best and probably changes daily.

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Love all my woodhavens. Favorite one is the one that gets the gobblers moving that day haha

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
I use any elk reed I have. Maybe i should try a turkey reed ?
I would think it would be beneficial as elk calls are made for specific tones and pitches, same with turkey calls. I’ll have to grab one of my elk calls and see if I get the same calls and tones out of them haha.

I have found that turkeys can be very particular to the pitch and tone so I always carry multiple mouth calls, a box and slate. If they aren’t moving just switching to a different call with a different tone has made a big difference in success for me over the years.

Jimss

WKR
Its touch to beat hooks and woodhaven. They are cheap...buy several. Some are raspy, some are loud, some are easier to quietly chirp and purr!