Cursed Rifles?

FLATHEAD

WKR
Got a Wby MkV that I cant get to shoot. The only thing consistent about it
is stair stepping high left.
Floated the barrel, new stock, pressure points, new scope rings, new scope, handloads,
factory loads, different weight bullets,,,,,,,etc...
I never use it.

rootacres

WKR
Never with a rifle but yes with a bow. I won't mention the brand or model, because the bow did shoot great.

In 2019 I shot a coyote, tracked it into some thick stuff, in an effort to not mess up my deer hunting I discontinued the search. Fast forward a week or two I have a 145 class 10pt come in and offer me my picture perfect shot with that treestand placement. This would have been my largest archery buck. I push the shot low and back. Not guts but below liver I believe. Track it for forever, no dice. All of this was after wounding a 7x6 stud bull in NM during the 2018 season, I put in 13 miles of tracking, also no dice. I went into the winter pretty discouraged, proceeded to take 2nd place in my indoor Vegas league rocking the same bow. . All that to say, the bow got sold. Picked up another (same brand, newest model) and went 2 for 2 last year on an IA 10pt and a coyote.

Prior to this bow I had never lost an animal regardless of weapon. As good as it shot it was not working for me in the field.

*I know I was the problem, not the equipment but with that much bad luck I wanted to move on.

Boreal

WKR
I've got a Kimber Mountain Ascent 280 AI that has been a reliable tack driver and bell ringer. Easiest load I ever developed was in that rifle. Then I got it dipped and cerakoted, and I don't think I could hit the side of a barn from the inside. So I'm afraid I brought the curse on myself.

BTW, watch the classifieds for a swell Kimber 280AI.

I've got a Kimber Mountain Ascent 280 AI that has been a reliable tack driver and bell ringer. Easiest load I ever developed was in that rifle. Then I got it dipped and cerakoted, and I don't think I could hit the side of a barn from the inside. So I'm afraid I brought the curse on myself.

BTW, watch the classifieds for a swell Kimber 280AI.
That is why is something is "on" you do not mess with it even if it is just cosmetic.

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
I had a remington 700 that would only take whitetail does. I traded it for the same rifle, same caliber but in a wood stock. Problem solved. There was definitely bad mojo on that rig, not that I am the superstitious type!

chicken fat rub down on a full moon night in oct around mid night, works every time. The old timers with flintlocks would inlay a hex sign in the stock, hunters star, or other design, the other thing is a hair from the animal you whish too hunt under the but plate.