WTS Custom 300WM (Bartlein barrell, Manners stock) + Nightforce ATACR scope

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Update 5/4: Nightforce scope has been sold. Still selling the rifle.
---------------------
Would like to sell my custom 300WM rifle as I have ended up spending most of my time with my other rifles. The rifle is great for long-range precision shooting/hunting. Here are the details:

Rifle: Asking $2000

• Caliber: 300WM
  • Weight: Rifle + Scope weigh 14lb. The scope alone weighs around 2.4lb (ref. new F1 model per NF website) so rifle alone should be around 11.6lb.
  • Action: Remington 700 LA Stainless Steel
  • Barrel:
    • Bartlein #4 Bull Sporter. Stainless Steel. 1-9.5 twist. 26” long.
    • Chambered with Pacific Tool & Gauge (PTG) 300 WIN TAC MATCH FINISHER .210FB HSS reamer
  • Muzzle break: American Precision Arms Little Bastard Gen II
  • Trigger: Timney Calvin Elite 2-stage
  • Stock:
    • Manners MCS-T5A, right handed, adjustable cheek rest
    • Elite tactical shell
    • MCS-DBM mini chassis Gen 1 in CIP length
    • 5x Flush cups
    • Bedded to the action (see more details under “gunsmith work”)
  • Magazine: AI CIP 5 rounds magazine
  • Scope base: Picannity 20MOA (I believe from Seekings Precision)
  • Gunsmithing work:
    • The gunsmith of Bartlein did truing of bolt and receiver faces, chambering with PTG reamer and installation to action.
    • An experienced gunsmith here in Washington (Jim Hawkins, now retired I believe) bedded the Manners stock. Before the bedding I was getting weird fliers so I brought the rifle to Jim. He found out that there was lot of tension in the system caused by the mini-chassis system. I decided to bed the stock, understanding that it defeats the purpose of mini-chassis system. However, I was already invested and wanted to prioritize accuracy. After the bedding the fliers were gone and it shoots great.

I have shot roughly 300 rounds with the rifle and with the optimal load it shoots sub-0.5MOA groups. I have been shooting 208gr Hornady ELD-M bullets from Nosler brass and H1000 (76.4gr) getting 2840fps with no signs of pressure.

Note: The CIP length chassis and magazine give freedom to load long ammo if needed.

IMG-1255.jpgIMG-1258.jpg

Last edited: