Custom .300wsm build

madcalfe

WKR
Well as the title states doing a custom .300wsm build trying to keep the end results under 6lbs! Gun should be done in 2 weeks!
Defiance anti SA
20” proof barrel chambered in .300wsm
Trigger tech special trigger
Pva ultralight jet blast muzzle brake
titanium action screws
I was going to use a ultralight wildcat stock but managed to stumble across an even lighter stock, they just came into production a month ago.
paradigm carbon stock
Finial weight with bottom metal 3 round aics mag is 25.7oz so saving 7oz over a wildcat with Wyatt’s extended mag and a hinged floor plate! it looks to be moulded after a manners EH1.
D055AC1A-128C-479D-B30C-D5ACDE1C4467.jpeg
and to top it off it will wear some Steiner T series rings with a kahles k318i.

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
I believe US residents can order them from patriot valley arms or email the owner of paradigm https://www.paradigmcarbon.com. he responded to my emails and calls very quick. I'm a Canadian and the only retailer in Canada is gobigtactical.ca and its was 2350$cdn for the stock and 2 aics mags. There not cheap by any means.

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
So I threw my ridgeline in the stock to try it out 😏2490F3B1-6AFB-4676-BFB8-65779854F8FC.jpegF500D99E-AA7A-4C95-B81A-7A254DB6E0BF.jpegD4BA8942-FB3A-4DAA-9C8C-8DA1945545B5.jpeg73F37386-6FAD-4760-9CB3-72A1D610E5AB.jpeg
Can’t wait to get the defiance anti with a 20” proof barrel thrown in it! Should be even lighter 😏😏😏

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
I believe US residents can order them from patriot valley arms or email the owner of paradigm https://www.paradigmcarbon.com. he responded to my emails and calls very quick. I'm a Canadian and the only retailer in Canada is gobigtactical.ca and its was 2350$cdn for the stock and 2 aics mags. There not cheap by any means.

Holy Batman! That is pricey even in your plastic money! Must’ve had to shell out the toonies for that build!

Lol I can joke I’m half Canuck. That is one sweet build so far! How does the stock feel? Balanced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
Holy Batman! That is pricey even in your plastic money! Must’ve had to shell out the toonies for that build!

Lol I can joke I’m half Canuck. That is one sweet build so far! How does the stock feel? Balanced?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea its pretty balanced I'm liking it so far! my proof barrel and anti action should be done next week! and im switching the mags to hawking hunter mags so im hoping the gun should be 8-10oz lighter

Should be a cool build, I have 300wsm with a 22” carbon barrel and it’s great!

How do you like that Kahles 3-18? I’ve been looking at one for a 7saum being built for me now. Also considering the Nightforce nx8 and the Leupold 3-18 mark5...all shorties. Just curious if you love the scope or if it’s just ok?

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
Should be a cool build, I have 300wsm with a 22” carbon barrel and it’s great!

How do you like that Kahles 3-18? I’ve been looking at one for a 7saum being built for me now. Also considering the Nightforce nx8 and the Leupold 3-18 mark5...all shorties. Just curious if you love the scope or if it’s just ok?
yea i love the scope. its a little on the chunky side though! i think 33oz but the turrets and glass are amazing. i think id get a mark 5hd over a nx8.

Be careful on the short scopes if your running a long action and pic rail. the objective lens can limit your eyebox position. NX8 X 32 is longer and clears no problem.

5lbs 4oz bare
and 8lbs 2oz scoped with bipod
How are you liking that stock? I remember reading your build in this thread months ago, and have yet to look up that stock and see about ordering one, but sounds interesting with the weights you posted if I recall.

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
i love the stock! i don't think ill ever go back to shooting a traditional style sporter stock again after this one!

Whhood

Lil-Rokslider
I’m loving this build! I’m building a similar rifle in 300 wsm myself. I have all of my components ready for my gunsmith but I have a 24” barrel. I was really wanting a 20” barrel and this is making me want one even more! How do you guys that have the shorter barrels like them? My 308s are all 18” and under but this is my first 300 wsm. Thanks

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
man I love the 20" barrel. its so handy, my gun feels like a .22 on steroids.
I haven't hand loaded or ran any bullets through a chronograph yet. I will be doing it this weekend though, but i'm thinking ill be able to push 178gr mono around 2930+/- fps
which will put me in the ball park of 1984fps at 750 yards with 1555ft-lbs and
1716fps at 1000 yards with 1164 ft-lbs.
I built this gun mainly for sheep/ goat hunting. 800yards is my max that I would shoot any animals at so it fits the bill.

Whhood

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! The settles it. I’m going to pick up a 20” and sell the 24”. I’ll probably end up about a half a pound heavier with a McMillan carbon fiber stock and a Mack Brothers evo, but a Vx6 scope.