Custom .300wsm build

Andy Ivy

FNG
Very nice! Is it Sammi spect chamber? How’s the accuracy?
I have a k3-18 on the way.

Andy Ivy

FNG
nice...not much to develop there...its hammering.
im running berger 200.20x s at 2800Fps that iv been really happy with.
the 185 juggs shoot lights out as well

how are you liking that scope so far ?

eoperator

WKR
man I love the 20" barrel. its so handy, my gun feels like a .22 on steroids.
I haven't hand loaded or ran any bullets through a chronograph yet. I will be doing it this weekend though, but i'm thinking ill be able to push 178gr mono around 2930+/- fps
which will put me in the ball park of 1984fps at 750 yards with 1555ft-lbs and
1716fps at 1000 yards with 1164 ft-lbs.
I built this gun mainly for sheep/ goat hunting. 800yards is my max that I would shoot any animals at so it fits the bill.
What mono bullet gives you numbers like that? Those numbers are hard to achieve with lead.

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
nice...not much to develop there...its hammering.
im running berger 200.20x s at 2800Fps that iv been really happy with.
the 185 juggs shoot lights out as well

how are you liking that scope so far ?
oh i like the kahles i had it on my ridgeline for a year before building this new gun.

Sweet rifle. I'm very intrigued by that stock. The hollow thing has me hung up a bit. It looks like you'd need pillars between actin and bottom metal but said pillars and action screws dont go through the stock anywhere but the top where the action lays? How stiff is it?

Are you able to add arca or pic rails to the fore end?

OP
madcalfe

madcalfe

WKR
Sweet rifle. I'm very intrigued by that stock. The hollow thing has me hung up a bit. It looks like you'd need pillars between actin and bottom metal but said pillars and action screws dont go through the stock anywhere but the top where the action lays? How stiff is it?

Are you able to add arca or pic rails to the fore end?
there is pillars, I jb welded mine into place. And yes you can add a rail to the forend it has a 6” long aluminum plate built into the inside of the forend so your able to attach whatever to it.D009B9F3-0142-442E-859D-0BC33D76FC69.png

Bullmark

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m building a similar rig...also in .300wsm. I have a 6.5prc that weighs 6lbs8oz bare, and tried out a couple of heavier scopes with it, mainly because I already had them. The S&B Exos was too heavy at 31-32 ozs. Ended up with a Swaro Z8i and the rifle balances perfectly.
Gonna go w/ a Bartlein 22” carbon and Mack Bros for this build, and have decided to give March a try for a light weight scope.
Ended up using the Exos on a heavier SS barreled .280ai. It’s A++ glass and the build is like a tank, but just a bit heavy for a lighter rifle.