Custom boots for wide feet

Flatland Newbie

Lil-Rokslider
Ah, So I have wide feet and in addition to that, I have a medical condition (neuroma) so I basically have to ware the footwear that fits me not the one that I like. and its fine for everyday use. I'm planning to hunt out west and need a pair of boots. Thinking of custom built probably. Tried Meindell and Lathrop and Sons. The first one fits okay but is not stiff enough. The Lathrop is a great boot, i love the looks and how it feels for the first half an hour and then my toes start to feel numb. I can do the surgery on my feet but not 100% sure I want to take that rout right now. It feels like if I could find a pair of boots in EEE or EEEE, that mightt work. EE is not wide enough.
What would be your recommendation as far as wide boots or custom built manufacturer.
Definitely do not want to drop a thousand dollars on boots but anything under that mark would consider.

tdot

WKR
I'm in a similar situation. EEEE width. No neuroma, but I have surgical scars, and other foot problems. Generally wear very soft sided shoes or sandals to compensate for the width requirements. I've tried tons of boots and nothing really fits. I've looked at custom, and even some customs cant make boots wide enough. I used to used plastic mountaineering boots that could be punched for the However the new Scarpa Ribelle HD fits awesome. I sized up two Euro sizes and they are possibly the most comfortable boot I've ever used.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
You said that you tried Lathrop and Sons. Did you call them and discuss your issue with them. I did their custom boot kit and based on the results of the kit you send them, they can recommend something in your price range that isn't custom. They're super helpful.

OP
Flatland Newbie

Flatland Newbie

Lil-Rokslider
I went through the whole process, they send me a mapping kit, we went over the details and so on. The lathrop boot is awesome but my neuroma that I was not aware of f..d up the whole project. I shipped the boot back to them and they made it wider. But still now quite wide enough. Basically they said that I can ether do the surgery or try a different boot. Surgery is not an option at this moment so looking a boot.

nphunter

WKR
The scarpa grand dru is also a wide lasted boot. Size up a full size and there is a lot of room in the toe box and it’s super stiff. Not sure what boot you tried from miendl but there wides typically fit pretty wide. I have a 4E wide foot as well but have had better luck sizing up than wearing wides. Scarpa defiantly runs small and not all of there boots are built on the same last, I have a 9.5 in the grand dru and it’s super roomy almost too big and a 9.5 in the Mont Blanc is too small for me.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
Ah, So I have wide feet and in addition to that, I have a medical condition (neuroma) so I basically have to ware the footwear that fits me not the one that I like. and its fine for everyday use. I'm planning to hunt out west and need a pair of boots. Thinking of custom built probably. Tried Meindell and Lathrop and Sons. The first one fits okay but is not stiff enough. The Lathrop is a great boot, i love the looks and how it feels for the first half an hour and then my toes start to feel numb. I can do the surgery on my feet but not 100% sure I want to take that rout right now. It feels like if I could find a pair of boots in EEE or EEEE, that mightt work. EE is not wide enough.
What would be your recommendation as far as wide boots or custom built manufacturer.
Definitely do not want to drop a thousand dollars on boots but anything under that mark would consider.
Oboz boots run pretty wide, in case you haven’t tried them on.