Custom Bow String

Chazz

FNG
I have a Bowtech Realm X and its time for a new string.

Who has had good results with what strings a d cables???

60X
ABB
Vapor Trail
?

WCB

WKR
I've had 7 sets of Vapor Trails and zero issues. I know of probably 50+ sets of Vapor Trails on various friends bows of all makes and models...Have not heard or seen one issue. I am getting ready to order a new set for my wife's bow and 2 sets for a couple of my extra bows.

no experience with the others.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Buckslayer and Catfish Customs are probably the two most popular ones that I see repeatedly in threads. I have a set of GAS strings on my black 5 and a set of twisted X on my CT3, both of them are good as well. Pretty hard to go wrong with a reputable builder.

wayoh22

WKR
I've had 7 sets of Vapor Trails and zero issues. I know of probably 50+ sets of Vapor Trails on various friends bows of all makes and models...Have not heard or seen one issue. I am getting ready to order a new set for my wife's bow and 2 sets for a couple of my extra bows.

no experience with the others.
I've had two sets from them in which both sets had the serving fail. Won't be using them again but will vouch that Rick and their customer service will take care of you if something goes wrong

Jotis

WKR
I've had two sets from them in which both sets had the serving fail. Won't be using them again but will vouch that Rick and their customer service will take care of you if something goes wrong
I have a buddy that has a rogue and like it

Zac

WKR
I put a pair of Threadz on the VXR. Didn't have to touch the cables, Drea at exactly 70 lbs with no timing change after 150 shots. However back of the peep is canted to the right, had to turn my loop to pull it into line. Trail Kreitzer said that the Buck Slayers do not have this issue. I will probably give them a shot next.

wapitibob

WKR
The best string I’ve had in decades is the factory string on my bowtech reckoning. Every gas string I’ve seen at a shoot has the peep sitting at an angle. A friend had some abb and he sent them back. I’d try to find a decent local guy.

Catfish Customs are now on mine a few of my friend's primes. Zero peep twist and hold their tune one year in.

I won't be changing in the foreseeable future but John's Custom Archery (Brethen) has an extremely good reputation.

I had and liked Vaportrails in the past.

I put a pair of Threadz on the VXR. Didn't have to touch the cables, Drea at exactly 70 lbs with no timing change after 150 shots. However back of the peep is canted to the right, had to turn my loop to pull it into line. Trail Kreitzer said that the Buck Slayers do not have this issue. I will probably give them a shot next.
Even really good strings settle in initially, a little peep rotation initially is normal, but after that break in, that will tell you the story.

a good string will stay solid after break in and you won’t have serving separation.

jbk are my favorite customs, but my last couple sets have been ABB because that’s who my shop uses. They are really good too, but a lot more expensive, and that extra cost doesn’t give you a better string over jbk (or other good ones like catfish)

the most surprising string I have shot is the stock string on my Mach 1, it’s been solid. I’m still going to replace it soon and keep it as a good backup... I’ll probably put an ABB on just to make it easy, but jbk strings are my favorite, the few sets I have had have been as good as a string can be

OP
Chazz

Chazz

FNG
Ended up going with the catfish custom. It has been great. Probably close to 1000 shots since September with no problems. Got Minor peep twist after the first 50 shots but just needed half a twist. Helped me get my biggest buck! IMG_20210127_205206_457.jpg

dv808

FNG
I just received a set from Buckslayer. Great pricing and quick turnaround. Can't wait to get them broken in.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk