Custom camp bag for the Kifaru nomad

welpro222

WKR
Hey guys, I thought I would show off my custom camp bag that was made for my Nomad. Last year I used my Nomad and Kifaru camp bag for a 5 day backcountry hunt that was unfortunately unsuccessful. I really like the nomad system as I have mentioned this in past post, but have always felt like the camp bag was just tad too small. I also had the EMR2 for a short while, I never ran with it. I just couldn't get used to not being able to detach the camp bag, but I did love the size. So after talking with my buddy who does custom sewing work in Colorado, we came up with a larger size camp bag that has a some extra features too. First thing was to enlarge the bag to about 6000ci, then add the daisy chain webbing to the front to secure any straps we might run, next was tabs on the side for any pockets we might want to run if I decided to run this without the nomad. The top closer is basically like the Reckoning bag with a draw string closer or fold it down. I call this bag the Reckamp bag, PM me if you want some more info on it.

Here it is compared to a camp bag
20170503_203828.jpg

20170503_203850.jpg

I'll get some more pictures posted up of it loaded up and fitted with the nomad.

20170505_205427.jpg
20170505_205858.jpg
20170505_205920.jpg

Last edited:

Scoot

WKR
Nice work! It's interesting, but the camp bag was too big for my needs for a 7 day backpack hunt. I ended up getting something considerably smaller. However, different strokes for different folks. Sounds like you made yourself a very nice solution for your needs. Excellent job!

OP
W

welpro222

WKR
I didn't stuff the nomad setup to the max, I just felt like I wanted some more room the expand it if needed. If I had to haul some meat out, it would have been a tight fit, especially if both me and my brother inlaw got a deer.

MtnMuley

WKR
Looking fwd to your next series of pics with offloaded and attached to the Nomad. I'm looking for a bigger bag as well for 10+ day trips.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
More pictures coming tomorrow morning, I didn't have time to play in the gear room after work last night ;)

Went out on a limb anyways and ordered up a bag. Figured that I can strap it on regardless. Think this will be a nice compromise and get this pack close to EMR capes.