Custom Elk Calls

JPhelps

Lil-Rokslider
Thought I would share one of my passions. I have been making custom elk calls in my spare time. Nothing more rewarding than calling in a bull with a call that I made and tuned.

elkcalls.jpg
amboyna.jpg

zebrawood.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

thats badazz man. the closest i've come to making custom calls is modifying calls. for example i took a Carlton's Fightin Cow call and inserted in the end of my primos pack bugle. i knew i'd find a use for that pack bugle :)

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Those are sweet lookin calls man, good job! How do they sound?

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
They sound better than they look.
PM Sent

Wow, they really do sound great! I may just have to try my hand at elk hunting this season! ;) I want that orange one on the right in the bottom pic! :)

Last edited:

coop2424

WKR
Nice work! Your tempting me to pick up another one from you. These calls do sound awesom. I used one last year and loved it tell I lost the rubber band..

ElkNut1

WKR
I've used JPhelps Calls, they are pretty darned good, you guys that are interested will love their tone!

ElkNut1

OP
J

JPhelps

Lil-Rokslider
Lastcall - that is a piece of amboyna burl. The 3" long x 1.5" square piece cost $20 just for the wood. The wood is amazing and the price reflects it. I can make these out of almost any dried wood.

Elknut, thanks a lot. A little side story on his call and the adjustments I can make. When I sent a call to Paul for review he wanted the tone tweaked slightly to his liking after discussing the sound he wanted I was able to cut a custom reed out of mylar and dial it in.

G Posik

WKR
I am going to find out how they do in Colorado this year, just ordered mine. can not wait to get it and try it out.

Glenn