Custom Hearing Protection

What does everybody use for hearing protection? Anyone have experience with Decibullz? Looking for a quality pair of earplugs or muffs.

rayporter

WKR
custom poured for ease of carry

at the range i use muffs over them.

i also always have a set of foamies for emergency-especially if my pardner snores!

16Bore

WKR
Definitely custom poured. Foamies are second place and muffs suck period.

freebird

WKR
Anyone hear of the ones called TETRA??? heard about them on a podcast and they seem pretty legit. Only problem is they are not cheap.

I got E.A.R. customized through work. I love them, but not sure on the price. They are based out of Boulder, CO if that would be close to you.

Erno86

FNG
I use a pair of Howard Leights camo hearing muffs for hunting. The Walker amplified muffs don't seem to amplify sound as much as the Leights do.

Downside: Amplified hearing muffs make it hard to determine where the sound is coming from.

I have several pair of the Walker Game Ear Alpha 360 ear muffs. They have 4 speakers (Two on each ear cup). I am able to tell where the sounds (Elk Bugles, etc) are coming from.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Soundgear platinum here. So far so good. Mine were fitted / custom poured by an ear doc.

Suppressors are illegal in my (crappy, horrible, liberal) state.

Nothing custom, generally just use muffs when shooting and banded plugs in the garage, but for waterfowl I use a pair of walkers silencer electronic plugs, if there is lots of wind it definitely picks the sound of it up, but it’s nice being able to visit and not get your ears rung.

JMDavies

WKR
I've had the same set of WildEar for 10 years. Their service is unbelievable. I sent them in with an issue after more than 6 years of use. Turns out I wasn't maintaining them properly. They fixed them, sent me new cleaning tools and had them back to me within a week. All for free. They're expensive but I don't see needing a new pair for life. Unless the Kung Flu puts them out of business.😀