Sold Custom Husqvarna HVA 9.3x62

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraham1

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPF

Up for sale is a custom-built Husqvarna HVA 1600 series rifle in 9.3x62 that was built along the lines of an English stalking rifle. Rifle was obtained as an original barreled action with the Husky 23.5-inch barrel and early steel bottom metal. The barreled action was sent to Accurate Plating and Weaponry where they removed the original ramp front sight and installed a New England Custom Gun barrel band swivel, Masterpiece barrel band with hood and gold dot front sight insert. The original three leaf Husky rear sight was kept. It has a fixed 100-yard sight and folding leaves for 200 and 300 yards. A fully adjustable Huber Concepts trigger was installed as was a Tubb’s Superior Shooting Mauser 98 firing pin kit. The original side safety was retained. The rifle was then blued with their Brushed 400-Grit treatment. Weaver style 2-piece scope mounts were then installed. Once completed, the stock work began.

I found an American Black Walnut stock, with a very nice grain pattern that flows correctly through the grip. I sent it to John King of Kila, MT, who added an ebony tip and grip cap, a stock cross bolt, a black 1-inch Pachmayr Decelerator pad, carved a cheek rest and checkered the stock. A New England Custom Gun Classic Swivel stud, to match the barrel band, was also installed. The stock was inletted, glass bedded, stained and then finished with boiled linseed oil.

I had this built years ago and it has been sitting around unfired by me. It is time to move this rifle and let someone enjoy it. It is in excellent condition and would make a fantastic hunting rifle in a excellent big game caliber. You will be pleased.

$1500 shipped and I must ship to an FFL that accepts from a private person. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Last edited:
OP
J

jgraham1

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer a few questions:

HVA is the small ring version of the Mauser 98, only the front ring is smaller, but just as strong as the large ring.

LOP is 13.75 inches from the middle of the trigger to the middle of the end of the recoil pad.

Weight is around 8 to 9 pounds, but on the 8-pound side, I do not have a scale to get it exact.

Scope mounts are indeed steel, made by Weaver and are the S46 and S55 models.

In excellent shape except for small handling marks on the stock from moving it around in the safe, but nothing bad.

The safety is a two position that locks the bolt.

The trigger is not a target model but is fully adjustable.

I have no brass, bullets or dies to sell.

There is a 3 day, no shooting, examination. Return shipping will be paid by the buyer.

Hope that helps.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.