Sold Custom Meat Bags - Tapered Carry Bag - Tarp - NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Okay. I am listing this for a longtime friend and 100% good guy. His name is Steve and he lives near KC, MO. I'll vouch 100% for the item and his honesty. I'm simply doing the listing. If you buy, you'll send the payment to Steve along with your shipping info. He will ship the item to you via USPS. This gear was taken on ONE trip to Alaska and NOT used. It's in perfect shape. Nonsmoking home and Steve is extremely particular about caring for his gear.

REUSABLE MEAT BAGS X 10 - Draw-corded - New - 32" x 20"
TAPERED MEAT CARRY BAG - Bloodproof - 500D - 27"L x 17" top x 11" bottom
SILNYLON FLAT TARP - 5' X 7' - New

IMG_5895.JPG

IMG_5896.JPG

I use this exact system for butchering and packing in Alaska. It works better than anything I've ever tried.

There are 10 total meat bags. The tapered meat carry bag main body is built of 500D and has a drawcord. The silpoly collar also has a drawcord. The system is designed for de-boned meat. Load a white bag with meat and slip it into the tapered carry bag. That bag can go in a pack bag, on a frame, or on a meat shelf between frame and bag. The tapered bag has been seam-sealed to be bloodless. It works perfectly.

The price is $150 for the entire kit and that includes shipping anywhere to lower 48. AK or HI extra. His PayPal and Venmo addresses are [email protected]

You can hit me with any questions about conditions, use, etc and I'll be happy to answer them. I will be listing other good stuff from Steve very soon. Thanks.

OP
Kevin Dill
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No split because the meat bags and tapered bags are custom sized to work together. I don't know the exact maker of that tapered bag but it isn't a commercially available piece. Everything you see was made custom for trips to Alaska and other backcountry hunts. Thanks.

OP
Kevin Dill
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What does the kit weigh?

I don't have that number. The meat bags are lighter than most because they are simply smaller than many bags. 5 of them fit in one small carry bag as pictured. I'd guess the transport bag at 6-8 ounces and the tarp a few ounces less.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like a great system. I’m sure if your vouching and using the same system it must work. So essentially on a pack out let’s say, you debone the meat put it into a white meat bag then into the meat sack. Then hike out with this sack on the meat shelf with bag attached, strapped to the frame itself or thrown in the bag (which would be my last option since I believe my gear will stay in the bag safe and sound. Hike out remove meat bag from meat sack and repeat. You have 10 meat bags to use for multiple trips out with deboned meat? The meat sack is tapered for better handling? I’ve never used this system just wondering if this is correct thinking?once everything is back home how are the bags washed for the next adventure? I’m interested and have the duplex tactical frame and 44 mag bag. Thanks Justin @kevindill

OP
Kevin Dill
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
^^^

That's basically correct. The 10 white meat bags are rectangular. After adding meat to the bag, cinch it closed. Then place it into the tapered carry bag. You have to work the bag of meat down into the carry bag, due to its tapered shape. It squeezes the meat load and prevents ballooning or sideways expansion. The meat load carries more vertically aligned with the pack and your spine. The tapered bag can be dropped into a pack bag, secured to a frame, or placed on a meat shelf between the frame and pack bag....which is what it's designed for. It also works great behind a load sling or cargo panel.

I've used my meat bags several times. They're generally terribly dirty when I get around to cleaning them. I stuff them in a 5 gallon bucket of strong detergent and soak/wash them a couple times over a day or so. At that point they still have some stains, so I bleach them in the 5 gallon bucket. They come out clean, white and smelling fresh.

NOTE: I always forget to add this: The tapered meat bag also functions as a great gear, clothing or food bag on your way into camp. Stuff it as full as you wish and cinch the drawlock cords. I do this with mine every single trip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.