Custom Molded boots??!!!

AKSandman

FNG
Anybody try out the custom molded hiking boots Technica sells?

They are called the Technica Forge GTX

I bought a pair of the GTX trail shoes a couple years ago when they first came out and they are still going strong! Absolutely love them! The custom molding process takes about 20 min (insole and then shoe) at the store and then you are set. I have struggled for years to find a comfortable shoe and these are amazing!

I am seriously considering trying out the hiking shoe as well. It’s a tad short, but with gaiters that isn’t an issue.

Seeknelk

WKR
Interesting! Yeah I remember reading about them. Been a good boot for you then? Do they have a wide toe box or how would you describe em.

Rokwiia

WKR
I can understand the concept of suction molding the footbed. I'm not sold on the benefit of suction molding the upper part of a boot. Isn't that what laces are for?

OP
AKSandman

AKSandman

FNG
Molding the uppers reduces pressure points and spreads out the pressure more evenly when you do lace your boots up. Also, the custom molding of the heel pocket makes your foot stick in the boot very well. It’s like the difference of having out of the box ski/snowboard boots and liners and then upgrading to the custom molded intuition liners. Major upgrade!

OP
AKSandman

AKSandman

FNG
The toe box is moderately wide. Not exceptionally. The toe area doesn’t have any of the custom molding foam.